U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:31 AM

7,000 posts, read 10,240,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Voted late Saturday at Brookhollow Library. No line. I've never seen no line before with early voting and that's supposedly the busiest early voting site in the county.

My ballot was 26 screens long, but it still didn't take very long.
I heard that location had a lot of machines, but Tobin only had about 8 I think. I think it was busier the first few days of early voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 06:32 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,794,568 times
Quote:
Voted late Saturday at Brookhollow Library. No line. I've never seen no line before with early voting and that's supposedly the busiest early voting site in the county.

My ballot was 26 screens long, but it still didn't take very long.
Compared to Cody Library? That place was a nuthouse every early voting day I drove by.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:04 AM

898 posts, read 1,243,926 times
When is the last day for early voting?
Can you vote at any location?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,109,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
When is the last day for early voting?
Can you vote at any location?
Early voting ends on Friday, 29 October.

And yes, you can vote early at any early voting location.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,131,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Compared to Cody Library? That place was a nuthouse every early voting day I drove by.
The Express-News publishes the cumulative number of voters at each early voting site during each day of early voting. Brookhollow has more than double the number of voters of any other site. I'm guessing that's because of the number of senior citizens living in that part of town.

IMO the problem at Cody is that it's a busy library branch, with a poorly-designed (narrow and approximately S-shaped) parking lot. It's a nightmare to navigate that lot on days without early voting.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 PM

My wife and I voted at the John Igo Library about an hour ago. There was a line but it moved fast, and we were out of there in about 20-25 minutes. The line was about the same length (10-12 people) as when we got there.

There appeared to be a steady stream of folks voting, which is encouraging!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,170,193 times
I voted at UTSA today during lunch. There was no wait. Had to do my civic duty.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,131,390 times
Quote:
The Express-News publishes the cumulative number of voters at each early voting site during each day of early voting. Brookhollow has more than double the number of voters of any other site. I'm guessing that's because of the number of senior citizens living in that part of town.

IMO the problem at Cody is that it's a busy library branch, with a poorly-designed (narrow and approximately S-shaped) parking lot. It's a nightmare to navigate that lot on days without early voting.
I looked up the cumulative early voter totals in today's Express-News. Brookhollow has processed a few hundred over 10,000 voters. Cody has processed 7,000+ voters. A few other EV sites had totals in the 6,000s. Most had handled fewer than 5,000.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:55 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,794,568 times
Quote:

TOTALLY agree on the parking! I got really lucky last time and found someone pulling out but still had a hard time getting in even in my little Celica. Anyway the wifey and I voted up so we've done our part and earned our next two years of complaining rights.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:43 AM

Does anyone else find all the campaign signs at the voting locations to be an eyesore? I don't think they should be allowed. About the only purpose they serve is that they make it easy to find the polling station, but otherwise I think they look horrible.

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio