U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM

3,119 posts, read 2,739,085 times
Default Weirdos Exposing Themselves in San Antonio Parks

Man busted for exposing himself and asking for sex at city park | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

What the HELL is the first thing I have to say to this. This story seems to be happening every day, even though I think the actual frequency is once a week or so.

I always take these "news" articles with a grain of salt and I always look at law enforcement with a keen eye, I don't really take their word for it unless there is incontrovertible evidence, but law enforcement should usually be honest.

But is there a chance that they're actually lying about some of these guys? Kinda fishy, if you ask me. But, these pervs are dumb, they probably don't watch/read the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 PM

3,823 posts, read 9,534,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Man busted for exposing himself and asking for sex at city park | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

What the HELL is the first thing I have to say to this. This story seems to be happening every day, even though I think the actual frequency is once a week or so.

I always take these "news" articles with a grain of salt and I always look at law enforcement with a keen eye, I don't really take their word for it unless there is incontrovertible evidence, but law enforcement should usually be honest.

But is there a chance that they're actually lying about some of these guys? Kinda fishy, if you ask me. But, these pervs are dumb, they probably don't watch/read the news.
Don't forget while they are in the park their brain capacity is diminished due to blood loss to another area.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Don't forget while they are in the park their brain capacity is diminished due to blood loss to another area.
Good point, I didn't think about that.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,049,503 times
Cops hunting for weirdos in the park is a big waste of tax payer money. They should be more focused on other crimes.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:48 PM

1,131 posts, read 880,050 times
Quote:

But is there a chance that they're actually lying about some of these guys? Kinda fishy, if you ask me.
Hm, I don't 100% blindly-believe the police {or anyone} myself, in fact, I once heard a guy say that he wasn't so convinced so many of these big reported drug busts were legitimate but rather staged for "War on Drugs" propaganda.....

But yeah, I can believe that there are certainly idiots exposing themselves in city parks, hell, reportedly even a congressman was once busted toe-tapping other dudes in restrooms.......

Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
Hm, I don't 100% blindly-believe the police {or anyone} myself, in fact, I once heard a guy say that he wasn't so convinced so many of these big reported drug busts were legitimate but rather staged for "War on Drugs" propaganda.....

But yeah, I can believe that there are certainly idiots exposing themselves in city parks, hell, reportedly even a congressman was once busted toe-tapping other dudes in restrooms.......
Yeah, I believe this as well, much to my chagrin. I mean, couldn't they go to CraigsList or gay bars or something? But I digress.

The problem is, what if the cops are lying sometimes? Do they wear wires and record everything that's going on to build a case? I do believe part of it is entrapment.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM

384 posts, read 347,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Cops hunting for weirdos in the park is a big waste of tax payer money. They should be more focused on other crimes.
I couldn't agree more. Are there more important crimes to be investigated?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM

586 posts, read 411,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
The chances are very high that if they are spending time on this it is because people are putting pressure on elected officials to "do something about...."

So the Police do it and take all the flack for it.

There are not enough Police anywhere to deal with all crime and there isnt enough money to fund much. So, in general the Police deal with crimes they see and the crimes people call about (honestly, what else can they do) The only thing they can "focus" on is what people get up in arms about with officials, who then tell the Police to "focus" on it.

If you think the Law Enforcement folks who serve you need to do something, say something about it. Your voice alone might wont do much but if it is something that others see as an issue, it might.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM

14,987 posts, read 8,169,106 times
Quote:
Yeah, I believe this as well, much to my chagrin. I mean, couldn't they go to CraigsList or gay bars or something? But I digress.

The problem is, what if the cops are lying sometimes? Do they wear wires and record everything that's going on to build a case? I do believe part of it is entrapment.
Sure, I'll bet some of the officers are harder than others, some wear wires to get these sleeze balls off the streets. As long as the perp initiated the sexual offer the officer is in the clear,

Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM

586 posts, read 411,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post

Dont under estimate the level of stupidity the Police have to deal with every day. It can be shocking and would be if it didnt happen over and over again.

As far as the big drug bust stuff, get real. Again, so much of it is going on, they dont need to stage anything. By luck some busts are going to happen, given that some Officers trained to find them and some are actually good at it, the math says it will happen. Not everything is a conspiracy. As a matter of fact, most things arent.

Massive amounts of drugs and stupid people mean you are going to have some big drug busts from time to time and some poeple doing very dumb things from time to time. That isnt very hard to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio