U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
 
2,819 posts, read 2,310,607 times
Reputation: 2039
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Still early, but it doesn't look good. It's a shame that folks can't split the sheets and just move on without trying this kinda stuff, IF it's true.

Never have cared for him, but respected his business ability. All we can do is wait and see how this shakes out.
LOL "split the sheets"...

I like the way you get your point across in your posts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,307 posts, read 12,861,253 times
Reputation: 4371
I gotta admit I kinda liked the guy's marketing savvy, I thought he was quite articulate in his commercials, and has a Chuck Mangione fashion sense that I enjoyed.

Of course, he does deserve due process of the law; but I also know that the police normally don't execute warrants and arrests without some pretty strong evidence!

As in any accusation like this, I would much prefer that it turns out to be not true; but unfortunately there has been too many instances where that just wasn't the case...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Status: "mean repper" (set 25 days ago)
 
13,601 posts, read 21,501,640 times
Reputation: 5332
I wonder how long it will be till the girlfriend(s)/stripper(s)/hooker(s) float to the top of this story. Men are a bit predictable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Tx
3,232 posts, read 2,493,834 times
Reputation: 3034
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I gotta admit I kinda liked the guy's marketing savvy, I thought he was quite articulate in his commercials, and has a Chuck Mangione fashion sense that I enjoyed.
He's only had that look since he lost all the weight.

20ish year ago when I worked for the Radio Shack at Westlakes Mall he would come in for wall speakers, etc when he was building a new location and he was just another fat guy in a business suit. Of course his mullet was in style back then. He was also quite a douche.

The son who was a teen at the time (matching mullet but blonde) was an even bigger ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 09:09 AM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
3,970 posts, read 4,318,927 times
Reputation: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I wonder how long it will be till the girlfriend(s)/stripper(s)/hooker(s) float to the top of this story. Men are a bit predictable.
Sorry....but that's presumptuous as all git-out. It may well be that he's simply a jerk who has finally gotten on her last nerve - what has transpired behind their doors is something none of us knows.

My ex and I....I spent almost 10 years of my life trying to "prove" to her I loved her. The day I finally realized there was no way of doing so, I packed and moved. That evening, she was with HER "new" boyfriend - along with all the stuff I'd had to leave behind "because she needed it". It's a 2-way street, m'dear, although I will give you that the male is often at the cause of it, it certainly isn't always that way.

Why not give time for the facts to come out rather than jumping to conclusions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Status: "mean repper" (set 25 days ago)
 
13,601 posts, read 21,501,640 times
Reputation: 5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Was just reading that!

Friend of mine is a neighbor to his son.....there goes all the fancy cars.

Wow..he lost a lot of weight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Sorry....but that's presumptuous as all git-out. It may well be that he's simply a jerk who has finally gotten on her last nerve - what has transpired behind their doors is something none of us knows.

Why not give time for the facts to come out rather than jumping to conclusions?
Wait...."there goes all the fancy cars" gets a pass, but my comment doesn't?

And according to him, he wasn't looking to "split the sheets" so why don't YOU wait till the facts come out?

How's about gettin' off my ass there, redneck? I'm free to spew just like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
 
Location: That's pretty obvious
1,034 posts, read 1,357,731 times
Reputation: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I wonder how long it will be till the girlfriend(s)/stripper(s)/hooker(s) float to the top of this story. Men are a bit predictable.
that was my first thought too....although you forgot to mention the possibility of internet porn addiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Status: "Character is what you do when no one is looking..." (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
21,052 posts, read 22,313,218 times
Reputation: 50048
I agree with TexasRedneck - some women are not saints either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
 
Location: New Braunfels, TX
3,970 posts, read 4,318,927 times
Reputation: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Wait...."there goes all the fancy cars" gets a pass, but my comment doesn't?

And according to him, he wasn't looking to "split the sheets" so why don't YOU wait till the facts come out?

How's about gettin' off my ass there, redneck? I'm free to spew just like you.
I'm not "on your ass" m'dear - believe me, you'd know if I was. I DID take exception to the automatic presumption that there was "another woman" involved, that's all.

I didn't say HE wanted to split the sheets - but the news reports say that they are living apart, etc. - so it would stand to reason that SOMEONE is wantin' to. That's the reason I pointed out that he may well be a PITA, and that she'd finally decided that she'd had enough.

As for the cars, yeah - valid statement, because innocent or guilty, he's fixin' to be hit with some astronomical legal bills, and it's gonna require a lot of $$$ to defend himself.

Sorry if you took it as an attack on you personally - didn't really intend it that way. It's just that so often, folks take media reports at face value. In this case, it's certainly believable - folks tend to do stupid things in an effort to hold onto their $$$, I just don't know at this point that there's someone else in his life, and kinda hate to see that kinda stuff being said with NOTHING to substantiate it, even in the press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2010, 11:04 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
8,307 posts, read 12,861,253 times
Reputation: 4371
Don't discount the possibility of her being sick of him and trying to set him up! There's always the chance that she's the guilty party and not him!

Not everything ends up being a Lifetime movie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top