Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:56 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you're trying to say I'm bitter, you're wrong again. I'm happily married and LOVE men, actually PREFER to hang out with men.....because they're PREDICTABLE. They are basically very simple and it's nowhere near as complicated to be friends with a man as it is to be friends with a woman. What you see is what you get, generally speaking of course, when it comes to men. So......no, I'm not a bitter woman. I guess we will all have to wait and see how the story unfolds.....but if I was a bettin' woman, my money is on HIS infidelity.
Hm, easy now, sapph, heh.....I never said that *you* were bitter.....

"A guilty conscience needs no accuser." -English proverb

By the way, Flirty Me personally gets along better with women myself, in fact, for years I definitely MUCH prefer women bosses over men bosses because women bosses tend to just basically say: "Okay, I want this and this and this and this and this done. I need all of that done today and I need it all done by such and such o'clock. Okay? Okay, then. Buh-bye.".....and then they just leave to where they have to go to thus leaving me peacefully-alone {even for hours} to work alone as *I* see fit. No annoying hovering.

Men bosses, on the other hand, issue me my orders.....and then they USUALLY annoyingly-hover frequently throughout the day to see if I am doing things down to the letter insofaras procedure goes. EVEN TO SEE IF I AM PICKING-UP LITTER *THEIR WAY* AS THEY TOLD ME TO.....

Um, I rather prefer women's company, and enjoying the daily s*x**l tension that is usually underlyingly-present, heh, heh, heh.....

P.S. I used to know a hot, lovely, sexy, fine stripper named Sapphire, by the way. I sincerely-hope she is doing great wherever she is nowadays.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times
I have one question. If a married couple is married for a long time, and the guy is the one who had been working all marriage long for the money, for the house, for everything that they've built together....why should the woman get 50%? Especially if she didn't work for it, aside from being a mother and homemaker?

50% seems to be way too high in those situations. I imagine that if she was just a mom and a homemaker, she should get 10-25% or so. But not 50%.

IF, on the other hand, if the wife had been an equal or greater earner, then it should be 50% or higher for her.

And of course, if the man wasn't working, but the wife was, then she gets most of the property and the money. It goes both ways.

That's just my opinion. Anyone disagree?

Old 10-24-2010, 08:59 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I have one question. If a married couple is married for a long time, and the guy is the one who had been working all marriage long for the money, for the house, for everything that they've built together....why should the woman get 50%? Especially if she didn't work for it, aside from being a mother and homemaker?

50% seems to be way too high in those situations. I imagine that if she was just a mom and a homemaker, she should get 10-25% or so. But not 50%.

IF, on the other hand, if the wife had been an equal or greater earner, then it should be 50% or higher for her.

And of course, if the man wasn't working, but the wife was, then she gets most of the property and the money. It goes both ways.

Oo, well, after having observed many, many, many married couples over the years, I would definitely say that being a mother and a homemaker is WAY more than a ton of {oftimes unpaid and underappreciated} work collectively, Soviet, yes.......

Old 10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,863 times
Quote:

You've just opened a can of worms no man should ever open.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,700 times
Quote:

I am not going to give an opinion but the theory and it is a sound legal theory(among many) is, by being mom/homeaker/whatever, she gave up on the chance to earn/get educated/whatever.

in other words, the way the law often sees it isnt about what she did or didnt contribute to the marriage but what she (could) gave up. Had she not been the "other" half of said marriage she could/would have done _____.... and you are, in part, compensating her for that lost opportunity/time.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:22 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,499,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
You've just opened a can of worms no man should ever open.
Soviet my boy, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes about now.....If you have vacation time....go camping or sumthin.......get in the witness protection program.....May the force be with you.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:34 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,106 times
Although my Wife worked for 27 years before Retiring she certainly contributed more than I did (I'm not ashamed to admit the truth) when it came to raising two Sons and maintaining / running a household.

Even if she never worked outside the home how in the Hell could I ever or anyone else put a price or percentage on her contributions over the past 20 years?

Soviet- With all due respect you will someday have the pleasure of Marriage and see the importance of your Wife. In the meantime enjoy the Camping Trip. I'm sorry you won't have someone there to keep you warm.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,562 times
Quote:

I guess I should -- won't -- but should cut you some slack because you are soo young and naïve about the world, but let me assure you, women who are just a "mother and homemaker" as you put it are working more than you ever will at any 9 to 5 job. Please don't attempt to reproduce until you can value and appreciate the one who will be raising your children. And never, ever, ever say a stay-at-home mom is "not working." You have absolutely no clue, little one. No clue.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,720 times
I've been to platinum tattoos and piercing store on 410 & Marbach, and not only was the guy rude, he qouted me a price of $55.00 for an eyebrow piercing! They are way over priced and while yes the 39.00 optical stores did offer a good bargain I will never be giving my hard earned money over to them ever again, I say good riddance to trash like that. Glad the wife is okay

Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 PM

61,673 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Soviet: if you had to hire a women ( yes, women - one woman would not want to work so many hours and be "on call" 24/7) and pay them for every task they do, and every hour they spent on kids rearing, meals cooking, household, gardening, tending to your happiness etc. - you might be very surprised that they made more money than you do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio