Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM

135 posts, read 191,262 times

Advertisements

Yeah I saw his shop the other day...it just creeped me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 03:54 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,939,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Is he out on bond, or did he serve time, or was he released/charges dropped? Did his divorce go through? Guess I have to read up on this case somehow. Wow, I thought he was put away. FWIW, this went down before I moved to Michigan and I never heard any more about it after I moved.
I tried finding answers to all those questions without any luck. Best I can guess is that he's still out on bond, but there is no indication that he's ever been to court (other than divorce court!). I do believe he is divorced from the wife he allegedly was planning to have killed, as I am pretty sure she got his old business which is why this one has a slightly different name. Trying to rebuild the empire, I would suspect...

Cheers! M2

Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 AM

208 posts, read 380,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I tried finding answers to all those questions without any luck. Best I can guess is that he's still out on bond, but there is no indication that he's ever been to court (other than divorce court!). I do believe he is divorced from the wife he allegedly was planning to have killed, as I am pretty sure she got his old business which is why this one has a slightly different name. Trying to rebuild the empire, I would suspect...

Cheers! M2
I'm very surprised he was able to obtain funding to re-build his "empire" with the pending murder case hanging over his head.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cop View Post
I'm very surprised he was able to obtain funding to re-build his "empire" with the pending murder case hanging over his head.
I have been trying to find out if there are any public records that would show the status of this case.

Nearly three years ago a state District judge ruled that he could no longer run his old business (My Econo's $39.95 Optical) (Source).

I will admit that this quote from the above article still makes me smile!

Quote:
Having Tina Yuchnitz oversee the business that Michael Yuchnitz built is like having Eva Longoria play basketball for the Spurs while her divorce with Tony Parker is pending, Ortiz suggested.
The latest reference I could find concerning Yuchnitz' murder-for-hire case was in an article about a former "associate" who was indicted on defrauding patients referred to him by Yuchnitz...

Ophthalmologist tied to MyEcono gets probation - San Antonio Express-News

Yuchnitz was not charged in the medical case, and got half of the community property in his divorce case per a jury decision.

Cheers! M2

Old 08-29-2013, 08:37 AM

6,693 posts, read 8,741,758 times
Someone seems pretty obsessed with this case. My goodness.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM

It far more interesting than Miley Cyrus or the Kardashians!

Yuchnitz was a well-known local entrepreneur with a chain of local optometrist stores when this alleged plot to have his wife killed arose.

Maybe if he dribbled a basketball for a living it would be of more appealing to some, but there are definitely several curious aspects of this case that some of us find interesting...

Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM

6,693 posts, read 8,741,758 times
He lived in the same neighborhood as me, but that house is now up for sale. I guess his ex wife is having trouble paying for that huge house.

Edit: I looked up the house on bcad and it looks like Mike still owns it. I guess that is why it is for sale. Take a look at it here: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 09-04-2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM

208 posts, read 380,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
He lived in the same neighborhood as me, but that house is now up for sale. I guess his ex wife is having trouble paying for that huge house.

Edit: I looked up the house on bcad and it looks like Mike still owns it. I guess that is why it is for sale. Take a look at it here:Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Damn...all that house from selling eyeglasses???? Wow

Last edited by Yac; 09-04-2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,945,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Cop View Post
Damn...all that house from selling eyeglasses???? Wow
And tats!

Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM

135 posts, read 191,262 times
He made his money way back! And the profit margin on the glasses are crazy! To produce only about 5 bucks! Plus something tells me he was into more than just glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio