U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM

6,257 posts, read 8,986,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Nothing is off-the-cuff when it comes to firearms. That one would defend such irresponsible comments is beyond me.
And this is a general discussion. NOT a serious "meeting of the minds" - for that, go to a gun board. Lighten up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 12:09 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,176,023 times
The ignore feature is your friend. Honestly, this board has gotten so much better in the last week because of it. LOL.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,791,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
...The Castle Doctrine is a good law but when using self defense the object is to stop someone, not kill them. It is also best to aim for center mass and not aim for anyone's head.
The object is to neutralize the threat. You may be at a safe point to make that determination right around when the clip is empty. Firing once then trying to re-assess the situation may end with giving the threat to your well being the opportunity to attack.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:31 AM

78 posts, read 131,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

Awesome. I hope the punishment is something really good for these punks, to send a message that this kind of carp should not be tolerated. Or at least not at the so-called good schools. At least pull this BS in schools where no one really cares about education. NISD hasn't been looking too good as of late. which isn't exactly saying much...I hope the punishment is more than just sending these Turkeys to bed early without dessert..

Old 11-06-2010, 09:58 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
Students shouldn't be carrying guns onto any campus. What was the purpose of having a gun on campus if they even had them? It's not about education, it's about safety. The lives of the kids at "bad" schools are just as important.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 AM

78 posts, read 131,239 times
oh , but of course, we're all so concerned about the well-being of students in schools where taxpayer dollar resources are squandered such that education is priority um, 7, 8, or ten...

Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 AM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying. When a student brings a gun to school, the priority is safety. The students missed a few hours of class which is nothing compared to what could have happened. Bringing a gun to school is not acceptable at any school because innocent people can be hurt or killed. It sounds like you're saying that the lives of the poor, inner-city kids aren't as valuable as the lives of the middle class kids living on the north side. Some poor kids (like I used to be) do end up being productive citizens and some people born with a silver spoon in their mouth end up being criminals. To encourage students to bring guns to a poorer school instead is deplorable. A responsible adult would denounce that kind of behavior at any school. I'm sure there wasn't one parent concerned about their child missing class, but instead, they were probably worrying about their child's safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio