U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:55 AM

4,863 posts, read 4,027,120 times
Lol, thanks. I just want candied yams made with marshmallows. I don't want to take home some fancy concoction and have everyone think it's nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 AM

I just got off the phone with Rudy's. The turkey is $24.99, dressing $13.95, gravy $5.50, and pies are from $9.95 to $11.95. They also have ham available but this is all they have.

I have decided to order from Luby's. Thanks for all the suggestions because I didn't think to look at all those restaurants. I hope this thread is also helpful for someone else.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:23 AM

6,866 posts, read 12,617,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
I think I might go with Luby's. I don't know if they have one of the better tasting dinners, but it seems likely they'll give me the most bang for the buck and I will have a lot more options.

LUBY'S! Great choice. You will love it, I promise. Holy cow, they do a great Thanksgiving dinner!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 AM

I just say in a Sun Harvest sales ad that it also has Thanksgiving dinner for $89.99.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,303 times
If you live on the Northside you could attend the Thanksgiving brunch at the J.W. Marriott resort. They have a huge selection of food, but it's pretty expensive.

Thanksgiving JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country
http://www.jwsanantonio.com/files/Th...nch%20Menu.pdf

omaha steaks has a good selection for not to expensive of a price.
you will need to search for ham or turkey, or whatever you want.
They have a put together turkey dinner if you search for thanksgiving.

Buy Steaks, Lobster Tails and Gourmet Food Gifts Online | Omaha Steaks

Fredericksburg has a list of restaurants that will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner, some extravagant, some cheap.
Even Subway is on the list.

Fredericksburg TX | Texas Hill Country

In the Kerrville area, there is an amazing tea room called Alexandra's Tea House.
They always do special holiday meals. I ate there on Christmas eve once.
It was spectacular.

For some reason their website doesn't work.
They may have shut down.
If you want a legitimate British tea (meal), be sure to try it sometime.

Alexandra's Tea House Review on TeaMap.com

To respond to L210, I agree that Luby's may be the cheapest option (and best if you want a fried turkey), but for some people who put their health first or need a vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free option, Central Market or Whole Foods is the best.

http://shop.centralmarket.com/v/holi...lidayguide.pdf
Online Ordering | Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods is more of an easy option, less choices, one easy meal that's healthy.
Central Market is for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free, and has many different choices.
They even have a hanukkah and new year's dinner on the menu.
They offer hand made cookies, gift boxes, decorative christmas trees.
They offer poultry, fish, ham, beef. Any kind of meat you could possibly see yourself eating at the holidays.
They have a holiday wine selection. Pies and desserts.
You can order in store or online.

La Madeleine - La Madeleine (samplers for Thanksgiving)

Thanksgiving Day restaurant dining options - San Antonio Express-News
The Bright Shawl has a meal for 10-12 available for pickup.
All of the other places you pay to eat there.

A word of advice, I have ordered to go at exclusively eat-in places before, so if something sounds good to you and you want to bring it home, call ahead and ask if you can order stuff to go, especially if you are a small party.
If it's just a party of two or 3 I don't see why they wouldn't let you pick up a meal there.

That's all.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,303 times
Found more information:

Thanksgiving Deluxe Turkey Feast - $149.99

costco

Burgers' Holiday Feast Combo - Sam's Club

sams club

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM

743 posts, read 419,029 times
If you're family isn't very big, Costco sells a pre cooked turkey breast. All you have to do it heat it up. We've done it the last couple of holidays and it's always come out great.
No need to get up at the crack of dawn to start the turkey, and if we can cook it, I imagine it's pretty hard to screw it up as neither my wife or I can cook.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:25 PM

2,831 posts, read 3,478,447 times
Hill Country Marriott. Expensive but oh so good....

http://www.jwsanantonio.com/files/Th...nch%20Menu.pdf

Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM

26 posts, read 22,789 times
Not sure if it's come out yet but sometime around this time, the San Antonio Express News has a full page in the Taste section dedicated to all of the places offering Thanksgiving meal packages. It's a great one stop shop to see what SA has to offer in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio