Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 04:37 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times

Advertisements

Brash of robberies are out of control. The thugs are plying their trade in SA Be careful fellow bloggers and watch your surroundings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Always aware of surroundings....always prepared, as well. On traffic stop yesterday: "I see your CHL, are you carrying today, sir?"

"Yes, I am."

"Where is it"

"One in my pocket, another on my hip."

"Thank you, sir - have a nice day."

Don't wanna - and might not even use it depending on the situation....but it will be MY choice/discretion, not the cretin tryin' to steal.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Well, hide your wife, hide your kids, and hide your nice stuff, too. They're coming for it. And it's probably your own damn fault.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Of COURSE it's our fault - our poor cruminals have been downtrodden and abused by us all, and it's only fair that they come and take everything we've worked for....

NOT!!

Old 12-24-2010, 08:35 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well, hide your wife, hide your kids, and hide your nice stuff, too. They're coming for it. And it's probably your own damn fault.
And hide yo husband cuz they robbin' errrbody round here!

Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Yep they sure are out in force. Stole brake lights and tail light covers off son in law's truck parked right in front of the house last night.

Anyone have any good recommendations for security cameras? This is the second time in as many weeks his truck has been hit.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:17 PM

287 posts, read 363,041 times
Quote:
Always aware of surroundings....always prepared, as well. On traffic stop yesterday: "I see your CHL, are you carrying today, sir?"
Its probably a good idea (and possibly required by law, at least is was a few years back) that if you're carrying, you need to tell the officer in advance. Don't wait for him to ask.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post

"Yes, I am."

"Where is it"

"One in my pocket, another on my hip."

"Thank you, sir - have a nice day."

Don't wanna - and might not even use it depending on the situation....but it will be MY choice/discretion, not the cretin tryin' to steal.
Reminds me of a joke I heard the other day...

Quote:
A Texan cruises thru a stop sign, and gets pulled over by a local policeman. He hands the cop his driver's license, insurance card plus his concealed handgun license.

"Sir," the cop says, "I see you have a CHL, are you carrying any weapons today?"

"Yes sir, I am."

"Well then, tell me what you got."

The gentleman replies, "Well, I got an .45 XD in my waistband holster, there's a 9mm semi-auto in my jacket pocket and I've got a .357 Magnum in the console."

"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"

"Yeah, back in the trunk there's a couple of AK-47s, and a pistol-gripped shotgun. That's about it."

"Sir, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"

"Nope."

"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"

"Not a damn thing!"

Cheers! M2

Old 12-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
Its probably a good idea (and possibly required by law, at least is was a few years back) that if you're carrying, you need to tell the officer in advance. Don't wait for him to ask.
Errrr...if you read TRN's post, he handed his CHL to the officer. That is giving notice, which is required by law although there is no longer a penalty for not doing so due to the Castle Doctrine which allows law-abiding Texans to carry concealed handguns in their vehicles without a CHL. Since they have no legal obligation to inform an officer of that fact, it was decided to remove the penalty of CHL holders similarly...

Cheers! M2

Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Yep they sure are out in force. Stole brake lights and tail light covers off son in law's truck parked right in front of the house last night.

Anyone have any good recommendations for security cameras? This is the second time in as many weeks his truck has been hit.
Honestly, most security cameras will only capture images of the offenders. Chances are that unless they are idiots, they will be hiding their identity in some way or another.

A better idea would be an alarm of some sort, something with a motion detection capability that would go off when the vehicle is disturbed. I am sure the alarm will scare them off, otherwise about all you'll get with is a video of the theft.

Sorry to hear about this, I hate thieves!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio