U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:16 AM

3,370 posts, read 3,934,001 times

Advertisements

My neighbor picked up two dogs on Hausman Rd. who were in danger of getting hit. Both had collars. In her kindness/naivety, she discovered that the good samaratan gets the shaft. She put them both in her backyard (she has two dogs of her own already) and began making the phone calls to get them home. Both phone numbers on the tags were useless, one kept ringing and ringing, the other came back with "Mailbox full". The animal facilities, that one would think would be interested in the pets' well-being, were useless as well. One told her she could bring them in, for a cost of $45.00. She said they aren't mine, and was told "yes they are, by picking them up you took responsibility for them". Long story short, a vet she called kept trying the phone numbers and finally got ahold of someone, and the other dog was picked up by it's owner. Seems they somehow got out of the yard ON A MAJOR SA STREET! (I don't have all specifics, I just know they are both home). My neighbor is now sooooo disillusioned with the whole process, she has coped a "tude that she will no longer pick up any strays she may see since getting burned by this experience.

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 11-19-2010 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: corrected spelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 07:28 AM

13 posts, read 33,055 times
I'm in the same shoes. This has been frustrating to say the least. I had a hospital stay and my husband had to take over and walk him/feed him, etc. Since it's been cold at night we had to buy a crate for him to sleep indoors and all the while my poor kids' allergies have been going nuts because he slept inside.
We don't know anyone who can take him in and the shelters have been useless in providing him a home. I just don't know what to do anymore. We're going out of town for the holidays so now we're looking at a possible bording fee for him all because some moron decided they were through with owning a dog.
I have one more call to make to the Lab rescue to see if they can help. If not, I have to put an ad up or something to see if I can find him a good home. Poor guy. I'm heartbroken that we can't keep him. He's such an incredible dog. The crappy owners have even trained him to do basic commands. The only thing I can think of is that he requires play time (he's still a puppy) and they didn't want to invest their time to interact with him.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM

3,370 posts, read 3,934,001 times
My daughter had to re-home her family pet. Instead of boarding him when we went on our Louisiana State Fair Weekend, at a cost of $130.00, she put him up for adoption, at the same vet, for $150.00 for 10 days. Thank God he got adopted, it was very emotional for her to put him up to begin with, it would have been very traumatic to have to pick him up and still find a new home for him. All in all, it looks like it may cost YOU some money. Just look at it as a charitable donation, I'm sure all pet owners /lovers have donated time and money for an animal that wasn't ours, just because we care!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,567 times
Unhappy Found Mixed Small Beagle in Redbird Ranch

There is a small Beagle mixed male dog that is consistently staying on Perch Horizon in the Redbird Ranch Community. He has a collar but no tags. He has been on our street for at least the last three days, but he won't let anyone get too close to him.

If this is your dog please let us know because he misses you and he wants to go home, but he can't remember how to get there.

Last edited by Rockport66; 08-20-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,408,601 times
Reading some of these posts makes me wonder why pet owners assume that non pet owners should bear responsibility for their pets in any way.

There is a reason why some of us choose not to have pets, if you can't take care of your own then don't get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio