U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:12 PM

13,743 posts, read 5,442,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
You want devotion to eating? Come to Indiana.
Or check out any mexican or bbq restaurant in the suburbs of DFW and you'll see a line out the door, especially on a Friday or Saturday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 01:49 PM

302 posts, read 1,079,327 times
Maybe it's just me, but In and Out Burger just doesn't sound very appealing. I keep thinking of the song Squeeze Box by The Who.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 PM

17 posts, read 41,465 times
In-N-Out rocks (my favorite is a double-double animal style with extra crispy fries). It is in a different class from other burger chains (you cannot compare it with specialty place like Chris Madrid's, which is also excellent). Fatburger (there's one in SA on Huebner) is also pretty good.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daduw6kids View Post
In-N-Out rocks (my favorite is a double-double animal style with extra crispy fries). It is in a different class from other burger chains (you cannot compare it with specialty place like Chris Madrid's, which is also excellent). Fatburger (there's one in SA on Huebner) is also pretty good.
"animal style" Oh the imagery just keeps getting worse! On the other hand, it has piqued my curiosity.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:09 PM

The Hidden In-N-Out Burger (aka In and Out Burger) - The Most Accurate Secret Menu

In-N-Out Burger has a secret unpublished menu for insiders who are In-The-Know. Next time you're at In-N-Out (i.e. tomorrow . . . or maybe tonight), order a bag of these off-the-menu specials:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese. Sometimes we call this the "Wish Burger."

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

The friendly employees of In-N-Out Burger will take your special order without question, if you use the right terminology. The printed receipt will have your special request typed on it just as we said it.

I have to admit, this place does sound pretty good. If I can just get those images out of my head.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:24 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,724,859 times
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but In and Out Burger just doesn't sound very appealing. I keep thinking of the song Squeeze Box by The Who.
Bawwwwaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa (ROFLOL!!!!) When I lived in Phx a very long, long, long time ago (way before In n' Out came to town), some of my friends had gone to CA on vacation and loved In n' Out. They brought me back a T Shirt from there and I got suspended for wearing it to school!!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,071,095 times
Quote:

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:44 PM

40 posts, read 120,093 times
Love In-N-Out double-doubles - either the one in Temple City or by the Camarillo Outlets

Old 03-28-2007, 05:14 PM

469 posts, read 1,729,540 times
You can also order an In-n-Out burger for your dog if they happen to be going through the drive through with you. They just wrap up a slab o' meat for ya. Although I can imagine how that'd be on their system....

Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM

54 posts, read 185,737 times
I ordered Animal Style Fries once...once!

B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio