Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 PM

852 posts, read 3,801,037 times

Advertisements

Whataburger was just another burger. The authentic feel to In-N-Out makes a big difference, an attention to detail by the cooks and the counter people. Fresh food that tastes fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 03:43 PM

13 posts, read 106,435 times
Default Still prefer "In and Out"

As someone who has lived in both San Antonio and Southern California, I rather prefer the In and Out burger. Seems quite more fresh, and less like a 2000 calorie gut-bomb. Whataburger might be my favorite Texas burger franchise, but I'll take a double-double any day.

Please bear in mind, as San Antonio is continually one of the fattest cities in America, I would dare say the appreciation of the pure burger is finely honed. People in SA know how to eat - and eat in large quantities. It did give us Chris Madrid's - the last word in the large yet functionally edible hamburger.

Last edited by Ron G; 03-25-2007 at 04:03 PM..

Old 03-25-2007, 03:58 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times
Steak N' Shake is going in at The Rim.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:45 PM

898 posts, read 2,553,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Steak N' Shake is going in at The Rim.
really?? that is awesome, i love that place

Old 03-25-2007, 07:09 PM

63 posts, read 238,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I know there are many transplants from California who are moving to SA. Well, no, In 'N Out hasn't come to Texas, when it will is anyone's guess. However, having tried In 'n Out many times on trips to both the LA area as well as Vegas. I can honestly tell you the California combo at Freddy's Frozen Custard at 1604/35 (The Forum) tastes exactly like In-n-Out. Even the fries are a match.

It's good stuff, hwoever I'll always be a Whataburger guy! Texas baby!
In-n-Out won't be coming here anytime soon. I met one of their Regional Managers at a convention once and I happened to ask him why In-n-Out only goes as far east as Arizona and he told me it has everything to do with maintaining the freshness of their product. In-n-Out is in no way interested in selling frozen-processed beef in their restaurants. The meat they serve is ground and used the same day. Anyone whose ever had a single, double-double, or for me a triple-double animal style knows how fresh their burgers taste in comparison to Mc D's, Burger King, etc.

With that said I have to share this story....

When I moved here I mentioned to an employee of mine that I would be flying back to CA to drive my wifes car back to SA. He was estatic. Apparently he had an In-n-Out burger in Las Vegas and couldn't wait for the oppurtunity to have one again (mind you this was three years earlier).
So I bought him a ticket and off we went. When we landed in Sacramento the first thing we did was.... Head to In-n-Out for some burgers.

The next morning we packed up and headed off on our trip. At some point along the way my buddy came up with this idea to see how many times we could eat In-n-Out along the way.
To make a long story short we ate In-n-Out a total of ten times. Our last stop was outside of Phoenix, Arizona. To our dismay there weren't any other locations along IH-10.

They were the best burgers ever! Luckily I'm pretty tall so it didnt' phase me any. My buddy on the other hand is like 5'9 so he's still working off that trip at the gym... ha ha ha

Now my buddy is a Native of San Antonio and says that the only thing that tops In-n-out is Chris Madrids. I have yet to try it, but am looking forward to it. For now here's my list of "Fast Food" burger places:

1) In-n-Out
2) Jack-In-The-Box (I like their Oreo Cookie Shakes)
3) What-a-Burger
4) Burger King
5) McDonalds

How's Chris Madrids???

Last edited by WarrenFamilyFaith; 03-25-2007 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 03-25-2007, 11:10 PM

58 posts, read 189,076 times
I just had to say that Whataburger is not on the same level as In n Out! I came from California and In n Out has really nice burgers...Also, Islands has great burgers...don't know if you have it here. We heard great things about Whataburger...and when I had it my first thought was...Whatacrappyburger

Old 03-25-2007, 11:14 PM

944 posts, read 3,053,560 times
In n Out burgers are good, and Whataburgers are just like any McDonalds type thing. I think that Whataburger is popular here because, as with sooooo many things, San Antonians just plain don't know better.

In n Out fries are horrible, and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. They literally seem to be made of styrofoam; they don't even taste like a food product. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?

Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM

283 posts, read 1,832,215 times
the last thing sa needs is another food place.

the people here are fat enough.,

no, disreguard that

they are beyond fat, they are obese

have some pride and put the burger down and pick up a dumbell

Old 03-26-2007, 08:48 AM

545 posts, read 2,276,310 times
Moderator cut: previously deleted

Who posted the info about Steak N Shake going in at the rim...I'm totally psyched about that. That place started in Normal, IL, where I grew up, and I really miss their shakes. And cheese fries. And steakburgers.

There's a new one that just opened at the Slaughter exit in So. Austin. I"m glad to see they're moving south. Now if we could just get a Jimmy John's here (not burgers, but darn good subs)

Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times
Ruby Tuesday going in at the Rim as well. Don't like the place but just letting ya know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio