Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM

283 posts, read 1,835,740 times

Advertisements

EZ's is good.

I think they are a good candidate for best burgers in town.

How about Chesters Hamburgers?

I love them as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Anyone had Big’z Burger Joint off 1604 between Huebner and Bitters?

Old 03-26-2007, 03:05 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,882,949 times
My family went out there one Saturday! Good burgers, good beer, and if you have kids, a great big outdoor place for them to play loaded up with footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs! Nice deck outside so you can sit back and enjoy while the kids run free!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM

13 posts, read 106,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
the last thing sa needs is another food place.

the people here are fat enough.,

no, disreguard that

they are beyond fat, they are obese

have some pride and put the burger down and pick up a dumbell
Ha - as pejorative and mean as that statement is, it reminds me of something I saw once.....

Driving From Florida to California in 2001, I saw a "Krispy Kreme" donuts store on I-10, near the De Zavala exit. It was lightly raining, and I believe it was a Saturday afternoon.

And there were no less than 200 people outside WAITING IN LINE FOR DONUTS! The weekend, rain - it seems no force of God can stand between many San Antonians and a god-given right to consume 4000 calories a day.

I must say, I have NEVER seen that kind of devotion to eating in any other city.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron G View Post
Ha - as pejorative and mean as that statement is, it reminds me of something I saw once.....

Driving From Florida to California in 2001, I saw a "Krispy Kreme" donuts store on I-10, near the De Zavala exit. It was lightly raining, and I believe it was a Saturday afternoon.

And there were no less than 200 people outside WAITING IN LINE FOR DONUTS! The weekend, rain - it seems no force of God can stand between many San Antonians and a god-given right to consume 4000 calories a day.

I must say, I have NEVER seen that kind of devotion to eating in any other city.
That was the grand opening of the first KK in San Antonio. I remember seeing it on the news. 100's of cars waiting hours to try the damn donuts.

KK has already closed one location here in SA and Dunken Donuts pulled out completely. The donuts cannot compete with breakfast tacos.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM

13 posts, read 106,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
KK has already closed one location here in SA and Dunken Donuts pulled out completely. The donuts cannot compete with breakfast tacos.
Wow - donuts pushed out of town by breakfast tacos? Salads and vegtables certainly are doomed.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Wow - donuts pushed out of town by breakfast tacos? Salads and vegtables certainly are doomed.
It's a mexican thing I guess.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
KK is known for that type of opening all over the country... even when the next town over has a KK! It's their "thing" I guess?

Late in this conversation, I think it as mentioned back on page 1!! but, Trader Joes is NOTHING like Central Market or Whole Foods OR HEB - it's a unique, small specialty store with AWESOME TJ brand foods that you won't find anywhere else, at amazingly inexpensive prices.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Default Another burger place recommendation

O.K., I have a place to recommend....errrr...dare you to try! (Dare because of where it's located.) It's truly nothing like In n' Out, but sooooooo good! Fatty's on Commerce, just east of Sunset Station. Cool place, terrible parking, *fabulous* buns!!! Quite addictive - you've been warned. When our former general manager would come in to town from CO, we always knew what we were getting for lunch! (And she was a tall skinny blonde that you'd think would never touch the stuff.)

Old 03-27-2007, 11:51 AM

305 posts, read 1,618,051 times
Quote:

You want devotion to eating? Come to Indiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio