Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:33 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

Based on the Travel and Leisure webpage
San Antonio is the #33 out of 35 cities when it comes to "Attractive people (residents)"
America's Favorite Cities 2010 - People - Attractive (Residents)

What is sad, is that I checked "Attractive people (visitors)"
and San Antonio is #24 out of 35
America's Favorite Cities 2010 - People - Attractive (Visitors)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,886,388 times
Have you noticed how fat the people in this city are? Even people who visit me here have mentioned how fat the people in SA are. They also dress as if they have 29 inch waists and 34 inch hips. How gross is that? Visitors add some beauty to this city and the residents should learn from them.
It sounds very accurate to me.

Last edited by ShaneSA; 11-08-2010 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: error in reading

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Have you noticed how fat the people in this city are? Even people who visit me here have mentioned how fat the people in SA are. They also dress as if they have 29 inch waists and 34 inch hips. How gross is that? Visitors add some beauty to this city and the residents should learn from them.
It sounds very accurate to me.
There is no way this post could get any better or more true. It's something you see right away. The first time my wife and I went to HEB one of the first things we noticed was the abundance of heifers shuffling around the place. Wilford Brimley sends a ton of diabeetus stuff here I'm sure.

edit: SWEET my wife and I are getting ready to move to the #1 city on the list (resident). I'll have to forward this to her...

Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Didn't you hear? Eating more twinkies makes you lose weight!

Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pounds - CNN.com

Old 11-08-2010, 08:59 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,930 times
Now, waitaminnit.....what about our hot newsreporter wimminz?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:35 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
It is true most people are overweight then to top it off they are bad dressers to boot. Dressing nice would help lots too instead of baggy comfort clothes or clothes that looks all tirao which usually ends up being the same thing anyways.

The problem might be that people actually prefer this. Usually when I am around a group of guys and they begin discussing women I seem to be the only one who prefers thin. They just love overweight women, something about more pushin' for the cushion, gross, I just don't get it >_>

I do know that in countries or societies where food is in abundance that thinner females are preffered and when food is scarce that plumper women are preffered. Perhaps there is some biological disposition? Or you know what they say, you end up marrying your mother or father, so if your mother is gorda chances are your future wife will be too.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
The saddest thing about this...people spend so much time worrying about what others look like and what others think about them.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 AM

The saddest thing is actually the toll on people's health and also the taxpayer footing the bill for many of them. I would rather pay health care for immigrants who are working and contributing to society and not these people who cannot work because they weigh too much and don't contribute jack. Sure some of it is genetically based but most of it is not! Simple overeating and addiction to junk and fast food.

They should do a survey of which city has the most people riding those little carts down the block, at grocery stores, and at Sea World.

I think people just have bad eating habits and it is not really their fault mainly, some of it is, but the culture needs to change and there needs to be regulation of unhealthy food.

Giving a baby soda should not be allowed. Some fast food that has sugar, salt and fat actually alter the mind, it works like an addictive drug.

David Kessler: Fat, Salt and Sugar Alter Brain Chemistry, Make Us Eat Junk Food - washingtonpost.com

You also have people who are cheapos and don't want to pay taxes so they live outside the city but they are not really doing farm work and just drive everywhere, ditto for those in the suburbs, and even most in the city when there are plenty of walking spaces and opportunities.

People fighting for the spots closest to the doors in parking lots can get downright vicious when it might be better to park a bit away and walk or in the summer find the shade tree.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 AM

I still think even if overweight the right clothes can do lots for making one appear more attractive. Some spend all their money on their cars and such, fixing them up, but none on fixing themselves up with some decent clothes.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:02 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
The saddest thing is actually the toll on people's health and also the taxpayer footing the bill for many of them. I would rather pay health care for immigrants who are working and contributing to society and not these people who cannot work because they weigh too much and don't contribute jack. Sure some of it is genetically based but most of it is not! Simple overeating and addiction to junk and fast food.

They should do a survey of which city has the most people riding those little carts down the block, at grocery stores, and at Sea World.

I think people just have bad eating habits and it is not really their fault mainly, some of it is, but the culture needs to change and there needs to be regulation of unhealthy food.
Ah yes. More regulation. Less self reliance. THAT'S what this country needs.

Every time something gets "regulated", it's MORE taxes out of your pocket. Not less.

The downfall of this country isn't going to be fat people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio