U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 PM

21,454 posts, read 23,316,239 times

Advertisements

At work we did order party platters from here: (Austin Hwy location) JJ World Class Catering
and they were delicious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 PM

64 posts, read 117,647 times
Firehouse Subs also does platters, but I haven't tried them. I do love their subs though. Costco's wraps are good too.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,852,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Got curious, an' hit the Jason's Deli site.....man, those are EXPENSIVE sandwiches!! Then again, I'm a tightwad, so what kin ah say?

Im in the same boat! I walked in and my cheap ass walked right out after looking at those prices, Its a sandwich dang it LOL

Old 11-13-2010, 09:28 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,105,538 times
Make your own and they will be that much nicer as well. Go to the grocery deli and ask for some thinly sliced ham/turkey/cheese...

Buy some fresh bread, pretty bread, any size..

In nice bowls put quality mayo and fancy mustard

Get some fresh lettuce, wash and slice like you would for tacos.. Put in water and in the fridge until you are ready to use.

Thin slice some tomatoes or use cherry tomatoes in a bowl.

Buy some hamburger pickles and olives...

No work just put it all on a pretty spread and enjoy the compliments!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:49 AM

519 posts, read 629,881 times
i vote for making your own as well. you can get exactly what you want for a sammich, and there's really nothing easier to make for a party! most everything you need is at a grocer's deli, right down to the ready made spreads, fresh sliced meats, bread and veggies.

also, expensive as it is, jason's is hands down one of best places i've ever eaten for a sandwich. i've had many things there and never felt sorry for spending the dough there (though, it's obviously not an every day thing for me. i'm cheap too, but don't mind spending a little more for really excellent things once in a blue moon )

also, try schlotzsky's. it's a pretty good sandwich at a pretty good price.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:49 AM

6,868 posts, read 12,875,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
Believe it not HEB has some great ones for about 25.00 a platter, they also have one on Hawaiian bread that was awsome
I was not impressed by HEB's sandwich platters. I got two different ones and initially, they screwed the order up but we got it fixed; however, the sandwich bread--small rolls-- left a lot to be desired. Kinda stale-ish.

For the price, I'd hit Jason's Deli. They rock.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:53 AM

6,868 posts, read 12,875,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
Make your own and they will be that much nicer as well. Go to the grocery deli and ask for some thinly sliced ham/turkey/cheese...

Buy some fresh bread, pretty bread, any size..

In nice bowls put quality mayo and fancy mustard

Get some fresh lettuce, wash and slice like you would for tacos.. Put in water and in the fridge until you are ready to use.

Thin slice some tomatoes or use cherry tomatoes in a bowl.

Buy some hamburger pickles and olives...

No work just put it all on a pretty spread and enjoy the compliments!

Perhaps the OP doesn't have time to do that? Saying it's no work is sort of misleading. It IS work (for either/both guest and host), which is why party trays are so popular. No offense, it's just that when you are having a party and you have little ones, it's all about efficiency--at least it was for us LOL!

Old 11-15-2010, 02:38 PM

330 posts, read 602,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I was not impressed by HEB's sandwich platters. I got two different ones and initially, they screwed the order up but we got it fixed; however, the sandwich bread--small rolls-- left a lot to be desired. Kinda stale-ish.

For the price, I'd hit Jason's Deli. They rock.

WOW I would of asked for my money back... I used the HEB in Stone Oak and they were fresh and delicious !

Old 11-15-2010, 06:05 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,105,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Perhaps the OP doesn't have time to do that? Saying it's no work is sort of misleading. It IS work (for either/both guest and host), which is why party trays are so popular. No offense, it's just that when you are having a party and you have little ones, it's all about efficiency--at least it was for us LOL!

The decent place is in his/her own kitchen. Its all a matter of how you read the question. Of course I am sure if the OP does not like my suggestion he/she will not follow it.

This is a discussion board and everyone has the ability to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio