Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:22 AM

11 posts, read 8,804 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am moving to San Antonio at the end of this month for a job and am looking for a real nice apartment in the North/North East area. I'm not concerned about price so I want it to be very upscale and nice. One big issue I have is that I have 2 small labador retriever dogs that I would like to have a dog park or something within walking distance that I can unleash them and not have to have them on a leash at all times. I also want the apartments to be gated and have a great clubhouse with gym, jacuzzi, pool, etc.

Thank you soooo much in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 AM

I've looked at The Preserve on Fredricksburg, Costa Bella, and the Villas of Vista Del Norte. Any feedback on these would be great!

Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Buhler.... Buhler....

Anyone there?

Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
ummmm give 'em time - lots of folks still at work. Haven't been in an apartment for years, so I'm of no help, sorry!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:19 PM

944 posts, read 2,040,863 times
You're going to have an issue finding really nice apartments within walking distance of a dog park here.

Unless there's some very upscale apartments somewhere with their own private dog parks, but I haven't heard of any.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:27 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Lucy's Doggie Day Care on Thousand Oaks has a private membership dog park and there are numerous apartment complexes near it.
For North Central SA, there is Hardberger Park and there are many apartment complexes located near the park. The apartment complexes near the dog park will be Blanco and Wurzbach Parkway. I do not know the names of the apartment complexes but if you get one of those free apartment guides from HEB, you can look them up there in the North Central section. Look for apartment complexes with the 10,000 block of Blanco address to be able to reach the dog park in walking distance.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:02 PM

93 posts, read 358,374 times
The apartment guides that you get in HEB will tell you if the apartments have a private dog parkoff leash area (mine does, but I'm in NW near Helotes). Good luck in your search! I've heard good things about all of those places, but don't have any personal experiences.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:04 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
Henderson Pass has several upscale apartment complexes. Basse Rd. has really upscale apartment complexes. There are also a lot of upscale complexes around 1604 on the north side, but I don't know how far you want to be out. As other people have mentioned, it's best to look through an apartment guide which you can pick up at a convenient or grocery store where you can easily tell which complexes are upscale by their rent and amenities.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,586,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnin View Post
Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am moving to San Antonio at the end of this month for a job and am looking for a real nice apartment in the North/North East area. I'm not concerned about price so I want it to be very upscale and nice. One big issue I have is that I have 2 small labador retriever dogs that I would like to have a dog park or something within walking distance that I can unleash them and not have to have them on a leash at all times. I also want the apartments to be gated and have a great clubhouse with gym, jacuzzi, pool, etc.

Thank you soooo much in advance for the help!

Rock Canyon on Perrin Central!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
When I was looking at apartments there was this really nice place across the street from McAllister Park (which has a dog park)..I think it's on Jones Maltsberger and Starcrest called Remington Ranch. It included appliances and washer/dryer in the unit. It was $200 above my price range at the time but I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio