U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times

Advertisements

Golden Corral @ 1604 and Bandera (by Home Depot) is very good. They only serve breakfast on weekends. They have a great assortment of pretty much everything and an omelette station. The lunch swith is at 11:00, so if you'd like a little of both you can get there around 10:30-10:45. I was there Sunday and it wasn't busy at all. That's not the usual, but that one is much better than the 410/Exchange one. Much fewer kids running around and rude people walking in front of you..

another great breakfast is the Shoney's @ I-35 and Walzem. I think that is also only on weekends and it's usually pretty busy. The great food is probably why it's always busy too
I didn't even know there was a Shoney's here until a couple years ago..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 AM
cjw

125 posts, read 426,114 times
Has anyone tried Thousand Oaks Cafe? It's on Austin Hwy at Vandiver in the Jim's restaurant building. I believe it's only open for breakfast and lunch. When I drive by there the parking lot is always full.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 667,294 times
Default Magnolia Pancake House

My wife and I loved Magnolia Pancake House when we visited Memorial Day. After seeing the recommendations here prior to our trip, we decided to try it out, even though our hotel had free continental breakfast. After trying it out on Saturday, we thought it was so good, that we skipped our hotel breakfast on Sunday and went back to Magnolia on Sunday. It was packed, but well worth the wait!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 11,321 times
Mimi's at the Rim is suppose to have a great breakfast all day long.

Genie

Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,716,510 times
depends on what ya like....see fast food...Whataburger...coffee shop...Jims...Chaco's...lol...then u have the big businesses....Dennys...Ihop...so you have choices....eat up my friend eat up

Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 AM

734 posts, read 2,733,329 times
Grumpy's Mexican Food in Bracken (North of Rolling Oaks Mall on Nacogdoches) is really good. The breakfast burritos are HUGE and only like $2.00. We ordered 3 the first time and it was a mistake! I ordered a breakfast meal once for $6.99 and thought that 2 burritos for $4.00 was just as much food! But their breakfast meals are good too.

It's a great little place!

Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times
My work posse and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Labor day and it was pretty good. I didn't even know they served breakfast until last week when someone mentioned it. It's sorta Bob Evans like (for anyone that knows Bob Evans), but nowhere near as good, or at least not to a serious Bob Evans fan like myself.. The waitress was outstanding though. Wish I could remember her name, but she made sure everyone was happy and that included giving us extra food just to make sure we were satisfied.. I like that

Old 09-05-2007, 05:33 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
My work posse and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Labor day and it was pretty good. I didn't even know they served breakfast until last week when someone mentioned it. It's sorta Bob Evans like (for anyone that knows Bob Evans), but nowhere near as good, or at least not to a serious Bob Evans fan like myself.. The waitress was outstanding though. Wish I could remember her name, but she made sure everyone was happy and that included giving us extra food just to make sure we were satisfied.. I like that

We love Cracker Barrel breakfasts! They have the best sourdough toast. Plus you can get breakfast all day, which we like.

There is a new place near our house that I have to recommend, and I hope the NW siders will support it. It's Lone Star Grill at the corner of Tezel and Guilbeau. They have really huge hamburgers, and a great grilled chicken sandwich. Their onion rings are really good, too. Well, we were in there this past Sunday, around 11:30-ish, and my husband had their breakfast buffet. He thought it was really good--nothing unusual about it, but it was hot and fresh and the pancakes were good. Anyway, just hoping some of you will go try it--the people are really nice and since they are new I thought I'd help get the word out that they're there. Happy munchin'!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Status: "Soon to be fifty years since moon landing." (set 5 days ago)

46,565 posts, read 36,845,480 times
Default Gotta Be Jim's

Whenever I'm in San Antonio or Austin, it's always Jim's for breakfast. It's an institution in SA, and you just don't see chains like that one in a lot of places, as regional as it is. That place has got fantastic breakfasts.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Status: "Soon to be fifty years since moon landing." (set 5 days ago)

46,565 posts, read 36,845,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Golden Corral @ 1604 and Bandera (by Home Depot) is very good. They only serve breakfast on weekends. They have a great assortment of pretty much everything and an omelette station. The lunch swith is at 11:00, so if you'd like a little of both you can get there around 10:30-10:45. I was there Sunday and it wasn't busy at all. That's not the usual, but that one is much better than the 410/Exchange one. Much fewer kids running around and rude people walking in front of you..

another great breakfast is the Shoney's @ I-35 and Walzem. I think that is also only on weekends and it's usually pretty busy. The great food is probably why it's always busy too
I didn't even know there was a Shoney's here until a couple years ago..
Interesting note about Shoney's. That NE SA location is one of only two left in the state of Texas. The other is in Houston. We used to have quite a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio