U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,526,291 times

Advertisements

So thanks to all our buddies on City Data we now love Magnolia Pancake Haus. My question is, what other good BREAKFAST restaurants do the locals hit and what time is best to avoid the long after church type hours????? Thanks, always hungry always thirsty,
Little Thirsty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 PM

45 posts, read 173,814 times
My wife and I really like Madhatter's in King William area. We have also been very impressed with Green's restaurant on North Flores just outside downtown. It is strictly vegetarian, but they have a version of a Eggs Benedict made with avocado that I really like. Pancakes are really good, too. And if you are like me and sometimes have to have a good old bacon and eggs breakfast, Lulu's on Main (which is surprisingly owned by the same woman who owns Green's) is good. Last but not least, Pig Stand on Broadway is not bad, either.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,521,120 times
Le peep. Earl Abel's are my two top vote getters

Old 07-09-2007, 02:28 PM

1,433 posts, read 3,526,291 times
Where is Earl Abel's? Thanks for sharing your b-fast spots

Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM

35 posts, read 158,184 times
Love Magnolia - just took my dad there when he was visiting this past week. We always take our out of town guests there. We also hit Lighthouse Cafe (we were trying to avoid another Starbucks run) - it took forever but it's not bad for a coffee and small breakfast (nowhere near Magnolia level though).

Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM

5,635 posts, read 13,973,058 times
We took a dare and decided to try Le Peep one day after we got kicked out of Magnolias for eating there too many times. Le Peep was located in STONE OAK area. While the food was good, I didn't think it was anything special that you could not get anywhere else for A LOT LESS CASH. I think the menu prices reflect the Stone Oak income level. Lots of people were there after we left. We got there around 8:30am and it was nearly empty. It was around 9:30am when it started to get packed. The crowd times were about the same at all the breakfast restuarnats we've eaten at.

One restaurant that we love is LA MADELEINE which is a French bakery and restaurant. Their breakfast menu is awesome and the coffee is fantastic. See website here: http://www.lamadeleine.com.

And as I've said before, a great local franchise restaurant is JIM's (the one located in Helotes). They have something called a PIONEER BREAKFAST. What really stands out for us is the waitresses there as they are top notch. All the locals from the south Hill Country area eat here. One time we ate there and some cowboys with spurs were having coffee there and a couple of out of towners were freaking out because they had never seen that before--I think they were from Minnesota. Try and get the Asian lady..forgot her name. Hope that helps!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:36 PM

554 posts, read 2,104,812 times
Guenther House has a great breakfast. I second the Madhatter's recommendation.

Gini's on San Pedro is also a great breakfast spot.

For breakfast tacos - Taco Taco in Southtown or Taco House on San Pedro.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 PM

409 posts, read 1,426,561 times
Good Mexican breakfast at Perico's in Stone Oak, too! We also love Magnolia's, and Le Madeline's. Most of our breakfast is served at my breakfast table! We are pretty spoiled to coffee in bed then breakfast in our PJ's!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,269,773 times
Taco Haven on So. Presa is good any day, anytime. Guenther House is always good.
Earl Abel's is now on Austin Hiway in the Terrill Hieghts Shopping Center.
Pig Stand on Broadway is good. I hear the Pig Stand on So. Presa has been sold to a Bar B Que fanatic who is going to convert it. Haven't really checked to confirm that one.
DARN...now I'm hungry!!!!!!
Need to get over to Pig Stand for some good breakfast food.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 PM

181 posts, read 613,919 times
Taco Taco Cafe on Hidebrand and McCullough has great breakfast. The breakfast tacos are wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio