Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
You would have to understood to this other post I was referring to Matt.

Some of the comments I have heard here are simply appalling.
I fail to see your point.

That was in another thread therefore another topic. (I don't agree with removing a bedroom door, a child has his/her right to privacy...but like I said...another thread, another topic)

Stop digging in places to support your weak arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 11:59 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Clearly, if you've never had your property messed up, without provocation, stolen, or otherwise damaged, in San Antonio, it is simply because you don't have anything nice. Sorry, I don't know which would suck worse. I guess I'll take my little dings on my truck door and be happy I'm not driving a hoopdy. Or doing the VIA VIA dance.

Let's blame everyone but the perpetrator, because that's the new American way.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:14 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I was simply comparing how someone goes overboard time and time again with bringing in all these other issues like the constitution, people being victims of the most horrid crimes, other people's family members, etc.., when really none of that has anything to do with a roadster being stolen, a dog being stolen, or a car being keyed.
Overboard? I think not. The Constitution is a precious document to me - and too many folks seem to forget it exists.

As to removing the door...when a child lies to me repeatedly, and then tells me that it's THEIR room - it's not. *I* pay the mortgage, not her - she's wearing the clothes *I* bought her, eating the food *I* paid for, etc. Her job is to be a good student and respectful child. If she can't do that, then I need to get her attention. I did so. Took a few days, but she got the message.

Oh...she graduated w/2 degrees, now has 3 adorable kids and her and her hubby are quite successful in their medical practice. Guess I didn't scar her *too* badly.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:22 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Clearly, if you've never had your property messed up, without provocation, stolen, or otherwise damaged, in San Antonio, it is simply because you don't have anything nice. Sorry, I don't know which would suck worse. I guess I'll take my little dings on my truck door and be happy I'm not driving a hoopdy. Or doing the VIA VIA dance.

Let's blame everyone but the perpetrator, because that's the new American way.
It is funny how sometimes those that don't have anything nice because they are too lazy to work for it steal from others instead. Makes me angry. That is the new American way. Don't work for what you have, just take from others.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:55 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Sorry guys, but it's not the "new American way;" it's just the way of criminals the same as it always has been.

As I've said, if they think their lives are worth trying to take some of my property without my consent, then bring it on. I do plan on using every means I have to defend it, as far as the law allows; and being that this is Texas, I get a lot of leeway in that regard!

Lastly, don't expect me to be convinced when their crying mothers go on TV saying what a good person they were... If they were that good, then they wouldn't be trying to steal other people's stuff!

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Thanks for setting everybody straight there, madmax.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Let's get back to posts that help the OP.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Thanks for setting everybody straight there, madmax.
On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,713,106 times

Old 12-25-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Actually, you should have linked me to this:

How to Deal with People Who Think that They Know Everything! - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Lord knows I need that around here. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio