U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM

35 posts, read 35,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the ugliness and tackiness of some HEB employees. they wear earrings, holes in their ears, tattoos, shorts, etc. It looks really uncouth to me.
I have three unusual ear piercings and 9 regular ear piercings (7 of which I don't wear often anymore) ... I also love to wear shorts when its warm, and I have two tattoos, in the process of brainstorming one or two more. Does that make me uncouth, ugly and tacky?

I don't, however, work at HEB. I am actually an auditor Yeah, suprised you with that one didn't I!?! I always conduct myself professionally while working and no tattoos are visible with 'office clothes'.

I have always loved having little things that set me apart in a small way, and I have never cared when other people dislike it. Whenever someone makes a comment about it I just say "well good thing they/it isn't on your body then huh!?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,212,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarding_Chick View Post
I have three unusual ear piercings and 9 regular ear piercings (7 of which I don't wear often anymore) ... I also love to wear shorts when its warm, and I have two tattoos, in the process of brainstorming one or two more.
No, it doesn't make you ugly or tacky. Photos, please!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 PM

1,131 posts, read 929,925 times
Quote:
I have three unusual ear piercings and 9 regular ear piercings (7 of which I don't wear often anymore) ... I also love to wear shorts when its warm, and I have two tattoos, in the process of brainstorming one or two more. Does that make me uncouth, ugly and tacky?

I don't, however, work at HEB. I am actually an auditor Yeah, suprised you with that one didn't I!?! I always conduct myself professionally while working and no tattoos are visible with 'office clothes'.

I have always loved having little things that set me apart in a small way, and I have never cared when other people dislike it. Whenever someone makes a comment about it I just say "well good thing they/it isn't on your body then huh!?"
Tattoos and piercings have been around for thousands of years all over the world.....I was even reading a Native American book once and such things were seen all around, even long before {conservatively-puritanesque?} European Mentalities came around across the so-called "pond" {which is really more like a vast wide ocean named the Atlantic}, and frankly, I personally do believe that people yon far-and-wide should really just start getting used to it.....

It's been happening anyway, I have noticed, ha.....

Tattoos have been called "a social filter", I once heard a guy say. For me, once I started getting tattooed it certainly seemed to me that I truly began to encounter less haranguing and hassles of many sorts. I guess some people, from a distance, quickly see right-off whether or not they will *like* me just by a VISIBLE SIGHT, heh, so then maybe they never even make the attempt to approach me for any reason.....and in turn the benefit *I* get is a sweet case of "Don't Mess With Me, Thank You.".......

Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM

10,173 posts, read 9,675,459 times
I'll take the tattoos and piercings anyday over the snobbish sells people that you find in most retail stores in San Antonio.

Go into any Best Buy, Academy, etc, etc. and you find a bunch of high school dropouts sells-people talking to you as if they are the owner of the store.
I get more respect from the company presidents and vice-presidents that I've worked with than I've got from most of those snobbish kids.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:03 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,355,127 times
People usually react at times in the way you approach them. If you consider someone a deviant (engaging in deviance by wearing tattoos, dropping out, working a low wage job, being a teen, being overweight, speaking English with a foreign accent, etc...) and carry around such attitudes when dealing with them, then your body language will relay this signal to them before anyone even says a word, thus reinforcing in the person's mind that such and such group will always act this way.

In other words you get what you give, most of the time, surely there are exceptions, but as a rule.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,354,960 times
Seeing the kids with tattoos and piercing doesn't bother me as much as those who wear their pants around their knees with their undies hanging out for everyone to see....now that drives me crazy. Why can't that fad fade away already? Ummmmmmmm.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,212,611 times
Hey stoneoak... maybe the'll start making knee pants with the underwear stitched in... wait.... that's not going to work either...

Old 12-07-2010, 03:25 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,355,127 times
Ya, that pretty much is tacky, especially when they wear their hat tipped to the side like the way the rapper T.I. wears it, not forward, not backward, not even fully to the side, just tipped and not even fully on their head at that.

I also think they already make pants with a fake layer of boxers sewn in.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:37 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,323,618 times
Default No not tacky,

It is just exhibitionism and voyeurism.
Quote:

Old 12-07-2010, 05:32 PM

10,173 posts, read 9,675,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
People usually react at times in the way you approach them.
In other words you get what you give, most of the time, surely there are exceptions, but as a rule.
I think is funny that you are trying to say that it is my fault that kids in stores act snobbish towards me when I go into a retail store.

I guess I'm the only one that has seen them talking to clients with their chin high up, speaking in a very loud voice with their chest puffed out and acting as if they only have 2 seconds to talk to you because they have to go and do something more important (smoke or text message somebody).
The main thing that I notice is how loud they talk to clients, instead of talking in a nice friendly way, they talk as if you are standing twice as far as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio