Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times

Advertisements

That's a substantial leap, to presume this was somehow racially motivated or perpetrated by militia, my friend. WAY too early into things - especially given that so little is known at this point about the guy.
And trying to tie the Tea Party into this because of "political views"?!?? I am a gun collector, think that many of the ills of this nation are caused by an over reaching federal government AND think that the illegal immigration issue is one that must be addressed.....but news flash.....am NOT out taking the law into my own hands.
Speculation such as yours would be laughable if it wasn't so potentially damning. Surely you are not so naive that you don't think it's better to sit back, look at ALL possibilities, and be prepared to follow leads.
One of the biggest things that bothers me on this is that the wife/girlfriend doesn't report hearing any kind of gunfire or suspect vehicle. A firearm discharging at night is going to exhibit a pretty significant "blossom" of fire - and with several shots fired, I doubt strongly that it was done from inside the offending vehicle. There's obviously other things involved here that SAPD hasn't divulged at this time - because there would have been some pretty obvious vehicle movements or arms/hands outside of a window by the shooter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 07:08 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
By the way, Jose Reyes served 7 years in prison for attempted murder. Authorities are checking for a connection.
Ahhh, the plot thickens.....

Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Yep. Definitely WAY more to the story.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yep. Definitely WAY more to the story.
Agreed, but I doubt it's some international political assassination plot!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Agreed, but I doubt it's some international political assassination plot!
LOL, yeah, probably not!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
It is just speculation, as others are doing on this thread, which is natural, since there are no definitive suspects at this stage, and I admit some of the other scenarios are more likely, which I was well aware of before posting.

Still, while some with less intelligence might confuse the threat of domestic terrorism with some international political assassination plot, there is a difference between 'domestic' and 'international' lol but for good measure 'domestic' means here, in our country, in our town.

There are those who wish our communities harm and they are right here among us. Our own government has issued the warning. These right wing loons are especially more active within the South and Southwest of our nation, the SPLC has more information especially regarding links to some of these organizations, with some being located right here in San Antonio and the immediate region, as can be seen in the following links.

The Groups: A Listing | Southern Poverty Law Center

'Nativist Extremist' Groups 2009 | Southern Poverty Law Center

Of course many will downplay the threat, for various reasons, some because they simply view these guys who play war games at night as nothing but tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist, others for more nefarious reasons. It is true though that the very real threat they pose has somewhat been lessened due to the outcome of the most recent election, which is one positive thing, as long as they think the electoral process is working some of these wackos are less likely to turn to the gun. In either case all good citizens should keep an eye and ear out for those who excessively complain, own too many guns, despise our president, and seem opposed to the democratic process. If worse comes to worst one can then be in place to promptly report them to federal law enforcement.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
In either case all good citizens should keep an eye and ear out for those who excessively complain, own too many guns, despise our president, and seem opposed to the democratic process. If worse comes to worst one can then be in place to promptly report them to federal law enforcement.

Wow sound's like McCarthyism all over again.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Merovee......Holy cow. How did this get into a left wing conversation?

The original topic was about a man who was shot and killed while driving with his family.
If you had your way we'd all be wearing panties, allowing all illegal immigrants amnesty and all nefarious conservatives would be stripped of their guns and their rights to protest people like you.

Now, don't read into my post, Mero' (since you will, no doubt, take something out of context and tell me I said what I didn't)....

Can we skip your agenda and just stick to the dadburned topic?

Last edited by HillCountryHotRodMan; 11-30-2010 at 08:38 PM..

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Wow, it's not that hard to figure out. Local thug who spent seven years in jail for attempted murder gets gunned down. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I am pretty sure he knew who was coming after him, he just didn't know when.

I seriously doubt it's some huge "domestic" terrorist incident...

But explain to me how he didn't get enough hugs as a teenager. Or how he brain wasn't fully developed due to underage alcohol consumption. I am sure there has to be some academic explanation for what happened, but the reality is that most likely his own fate finally caught up with him!

490 posts, read 1,094,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
In either case all good citizens should keep an eye and ear out for those who excessively complain, own too many guns, despise our president, and seem opposed to the democratic process. If worse comes to worst one can then be in place to promptly report them to federal law enforcement.
I have added one person to my watch list, but it's not the one you describe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio