Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
That's odd and I wonder what they were there for. I'm all for making them work (for free), but not sure if that's the best location for those particular types of people..
I saw them by schools once and called on it. The schools were not aware so i called the police dept. I was told it was perfectly ok because they have someone with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 PM

71 posts, read 109,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcresident View Post
Maybe I need a little backstory but WHAAAATTTTT? Is there really a possibility that inmates were working in Westcreek? And they were lunching at a picnic table in the Sports Park? That's even better.

I thought that the county was required to notify residents when inmates are working in a particular area.

Please tell me that SOMEBODY whipped out a camera and took some pictures?

OK, before I rant, I'll be popping in to the HOA office this morning. I will let you know what I find out!
I was thinking about it but my husband was to excited to get to the picnic... I will be keeping an eye out for them and ready with my camera.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
I just wanted to say I loved the flags up and down the medians in Westcreek. Especially liked the nice 2" price tag/UPC barcode sticker left on each one.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:00 AM

16 posts, read 32,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I just wanted to say I loved the flags up and down the medians in Westcreek. Especially liked the nice 2" price tag/UPC barcode sticker left on each one.
Now that is hilarious! Westcreek always does it classy

Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 PM

95 posts, read 210,354 times
SOOOO, I was extremely disappointed to find out that the park pool was closed leaving the community pool to be the only one open on Memorial DAY!! What are the HOA people doing over there! Why would they have only one pool open on a outdoor holiday! The pool was at maximum capacity all day! This neighborhood continues to let me down. I thought there was going to be changes made to improve the poor management system that we have all been suffering from at the HOA office! I don't know why I complain... the pools are boring and the water tastes dirty and bitter. What is with that anyway?? Why doesnt the water taste like any other pool I have ever swam in, in my entire life!??

Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 PM

95 posts, read 210,354 times
Make sure you are running with traffic. I notice a lot of people in san antonio jog against traffic in rural areas. This is not a good idea. If you go with traffic the cars can see you before you go in to the street. If you run against traffic, the cars pull up to see on coming traffic at the same time you are going infront of them. Just a little advice.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:23 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
There is no way I'm running around SA with my back towards traffic. I saw a woman run into the curb one day while I was walking down my street. I know it sounds impossible to hit a curb, but she did and she hit it hard. If I would've been on that side of the street with my back towards her, she would've hit me for sure. When I'm running against them, at least I can see them. The problem is the drivers, not the walkers and runners. Both times I was almost hit in WC was because someone was too impatient to spend that extra second to actually look and see if anything is there. It's a damn residential area and people should drive like it. This is the only place I've been wher people drive slow as hell and under the speed limit in the left lane on the highway, but will go 10-20 MPH over the speed limit on residential streets and I'm talking the little side streets, not the two big ones. I always worry about hitting a kid or a dog on the little streets, so I am extra careful there. It's just yet another example of the extreme incompetence of your average SA driver..

Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM

184 posts, read 462,169 times
Default Pool Rules

Has anyone else had an issue with the new pool regulations?
This weekend my wife and 2 kids wanted to use the pool, I was the only one to take my Pool Card and attempted to get in the pool, the 2 kids were no problem but if my wife wanted to get in she had to pay $3 enter because she did not have her card with her. My question is who is that $3 going to??? And why should I pay extra when I am already paying HOA Fees, I understand them controlling it but my wife clear as day just did not have her card with her. I know this may seem petty but I am curious as to what direction our HOA is going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrethegiant View Post
SOOOO, I was extremely disappointed to find out that the park pool was closed leaving the community pool to be the only one open on Memorial DAY!! What are the HOA people doing over there! Why would they have only one pool open on a outdoor holiday! The pool was at maximum capacity all day! This neighborhood continues to let me down. I thought there was going to be changes made to improve the poor management system that we have all been suffering from at the HOA office! I don't know why I complain... the pools are boring and the water tastes dirty and bitter. What is with that anyway?? Why doesnt the water taste like any other pool I have ever swam in, in my entire life!??

Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
They have made a lot of improvements in the way they handle things and that charge is because you chose to not follow the rules, so they charged her like they would any other guest that didn't have a card. That was clearly stated in the rules last I checked and they followed proper procedure. Next time have her bring her card with her like 99.9% of the rest of the residents do...
sorry, but it's pretty simple to follow simple rules that are there for a reason. I would much rather they inconvenienced you than let in a bunch of the hood rats that could give the same excuse she tried to use..

Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 PM

184 posts, read 462,169 times
I understand them monitoring who comes in and out of the pool. I could see if I had like 4 or 5 guests with me then yes I understand the not letting them in without paying but there are certain instances which are obvious that someone is not trying to run a scam on the pool and someone simply forgot their card. I honestly wish they would just put electronic key sensors on the gates and people with keys could come and go as they please. I have a friend who lives in a newer neighborhood and that is the way their pool operates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
They have made a lot of improvements in the way they handle things and that charge is because you chose to not follow the rules, so they charged her like they would any other guest that didn't have a card. That was clearly stated in the rules last I checked and they followed proper procedure. Next time have her bring her card with her like 99.9% of the rest of the residents do...
sorry, but it's pretty simple to follow simple rules that are there for a reason. I would much rather they inconvenienced you than let in a bunch of the hood rats that could give the same excuse she tried to use..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio