U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:40 PM

768 posts, read 452,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to see all this data that shows HOAs raise home values.

Didn't Westcreek send out an email admitting one of their notices in this case was wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 AM

3,823 posts, read 9,995,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
Residents battle it out with San Antonio HOA

I am completely on the side of the HOA. Look, I live in Westcreek and got notices too. Petty crap. But you know what? The HOA is doing the right thing and everyone who owns a home here agreed to the deed restrictions when they closed. Fix it. Or sell your place and move. I don't want someone else's problems bringing down my property value.

The Westcreek HOA addressed this on their website:

Week in Westcreek June 11th – 17th, 2012 | Villages of Westcreek - San Antonio, Texas

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM

275 posts, read 572,795 times
Here's another thought. If you have some lame issue with the HOA, I suggest that you NOT take it up with the media. You're really not helping yourself and you're not doing anything POSITIVE for the reputation of the neighborhood or our collective property values. Be glad you have an ACTIVE owner's association. They made a mistake and apologized, so move on. No, I do not work for the HOA and I'm not on any boards or committees.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:36 PM

140 posts, read 162,659 times
In driving through the Villages of Westcreek some of the roads are being paved. Will the entire neighborhood be done or just certain sections?

Old 07-30-2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenty13 View Post
In driving through the Villages of Westcreek some of the roads are being paved. Will the entire neighborhood be done or just certain sections?
I think the WC HOA said 85 roads in our area, so that should cover almost all roads in WC.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM

147 posts, read 301,163 times
Paved? To me, it looks like they're just dropping gravel ( they did the same thing a few years back on Military and Westcreek Oaks).

Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadStreet/PattisonAve View Post
Paved? To me, it looks like they're just dropping gravel ( they did the same thing a few years back on Military and Westcreek Oaks).
According to Bexar County Public Works Department:

"Most primary Bexar County streets and roads regularly (every 6-7 years) have a seal coat applied to the pavement. This is a preventive maintenance activity designed to prolong the "lifespan" and delay the need for reconstruction of existing County streets and roads. Residential and subdivision streets are resurfaced less often based on traffic volumes, pavement conditions, and available funding."

So, a "seal coat" would be a better description.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,459,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
What a lame story, must have been a slow news day.

I've never cared for people letting their landscaping block the sidewalks.

The biggest problem I have is unequal enforcement of the rules. We had a nice looking cabana on our deck for years but was informed by the HOA that it was against the rules and it had to go. While you're driving along military you can seen them in peoples back yards, and they've had them for YEARS longer than we did.
"rules" aren't deed restrictions. They can make up "rules" regarding their own property but "rules" about your backyard are another story.

If they were trying to suggest you were in violation of some deed restriction, you should be aware that there is a 4 year statute of limitations regarding enforcement of deed restrictions. The 4 years starts at the time of the alleged violation not at the time that the management company sends out a letter. If the HOA has not sued within 4 years of when you built the cabana, the statute of limitations is an absolute defense to their claim.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:48 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,185,523 times
As a former Resident of WC (1999 to 2010) this is a little stupid. If you just put it up without the Property Improvement Form I could appreciate their Enforcement a little better. Westcreek is a fine place to live but the HOA is as only as good as the Resident's who are the HOA. Fight this one.
Although we don't like it and some do not accept it the same ''Rules" apply to the Backyards. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:32 PM

147 posts, read 301,163 times
Why is the bridge being widened? I can already see the traffic clusters in the future. Potranco traffic will even be worse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio