U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-31-2011, 08:38 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,962,854 times
The email reminder the HOA put out with the recommended speed of 20mph by the park is ridiculous, 35 is just fine down military.

I would like to see the speeds lowered in the villages, but I'm guessing 30mph is the state standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-31-2011, 02:34 PM

13,803 posts, read 17,256,596 times
Yeah, that 20 MPH sign is just a waste of tax dollars since it's just a recommendation and not anything that can be enforced. I thought the limit on the residential streets was 20 MPH? There's a sign on my street (Creek Knoll) that says 20 MPH and I'm pretty sure it's a real (can be enforced) speed limit. I'll have to look at it tonight.
They need to take those construction pylons down too. They interfere with your vision when looking for cross traffic coming out of the Estates.

Unread 02-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Anyone know if calling the county will do any good as far as getting all the leftover rocks removed from the roads and sidewalks? I was just out for a run and it's really bad out there. I'd love to know how much money the county/city/state wasted on all these rocks, which I've never heard of using before. In Michigan we use salt, which is really bad for the steel on the cars, but extremely effective on ice. These rock things are supposed to help with traction, but pretty much seem to only be good for chipping paint and making people lose traction well after the snow and ice has left. I saw a few people slipping and sliding their cars at the intersection near the bridge on Military closest to 1604.

and if anyone saw someone out running (and a little walking) wearing a black t-shirt that said "GOT BACON?" on the back, that was me...

Unread 02-06-2011, 06:57 AM

1,641 posts, read 1,928,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Anyone know if calling the county will do any good as far as getting all the leftover rocks removed from the roads and sidewalks? I was just out for a run and it's really bad out there. I'd love to know how much money the county/city/state wasted on all these rocks, which I've never heard of using before. In Michigan we use salt, which is really bad for the steel on the cars, but extremely effective on ice. These rock things are supposed to help with traction, but pretty much seem to only be good for chipping paint and making people lose traction well after the snow and ice has left. I saw a few people slipping and sliding their cars at the intersection near the bridge on Military closest to 1604.

and if anyone saw someone out running (and a little walking) wearing a black t-shirt that said "GOT BACON?" on the back, that was me...
Hello rd2007
Concerning the rocks / gravel on the streets and sidewalks you will get a good response if you contact Bexar County Public Works Cagnon Road Service Center at 465-4528.

They were always responsive when I needed them in Westcreek.

Unread 02-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Thanks! Was out again today and the bridge on Westcreek Oaks is even worse than the one on Military. It'll probably take at least a couple months for them to "naturally" go away..

Unread 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Either someone is monitoring this, someone was more proactive than me, or they were about to clean them up because they're all gone now.. Whatever it took, I'm glad to see them gone.

Unread 02-19-2011, 03:45 PM

FYI, that red octagon on a stick with the letters S, T, O, and P on it is a stop sign and drivers are supposed to stop at it. This is especially true when there's a runner wearing a seriously bright yellow shirt right in front of you... No clue what this dumb woman at the stop sign at 1604 and Westcreek Oaks was looking at, but she almost made me pretty wealthy..

Unread 02-19-2011, 04:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,595,544 times
RD that rock they used is limestone, it disolves naturally in water, but I guess they swept it up.

And that 20mph sign in front of the park. is pretty reasonable, and it could be enforced. One time I was pulled over coming out of a curve doing the speed limit 30mph and the curve speed limit was 15 but the curve yellow speed lmiit sign was covered with a bunch of branches. I took a U turn after signing for the ticket snapped a pic, and showed it to the judge. The judge stared at the cop, and asked him why didnt he take my word and go check the sign with me. After that he dismissed it and ridiculed the cop some more LOL

Unread 02-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Guess we haven't had enough rain then, because it's still there. Now it's mostly on the side of the road in the bike lane. I know this because that's where I usually run.

Unread 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,962,854 times
Meeting notice from the HOA:

"There will be a short notice Board of Directors Special Meeting Thursday, Feb 24th, at 7:00pm at Villages of Westcreek Community Center to discuss proposed pool schedule. All are welcome to attend."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio