Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:14 AM

94 posts, read 654,584 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
On my most recent trip to SA, I fell in love with a neighborhood on the north east end. I think it's called El Dorado Hills (near live oak)? Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys if there are similar neighborhoods on the north west or north east side that you guys can direct me towards.. The home we put a bid on ended up having foundation issues and we didn't want to mess with that. I was in awe of how lovely, green and foresty the area was. Mature trees everywhere, and I'm a mad tree loving, horticulturalist wannabe The homes were moderate but well kept and clean, most in there 30's. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Aloha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 12:47 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
Northwood/ Oak Park- inside 410 between N. New Braunfels and Harry Wurzbach has tons of mature trees, but skews more upscale. Windcrest, especially around the golf club has lots of trees. Both areas are on the northeast side.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:36 AM

Hello Smuboy,
Do you know if those two areas are association, or non-association? I am looking for non. Thank you very much for your help!! Mahalo!

Old 07-15-2007, 03:11 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,189 times
Oak Park - Northwood do have an association but it is voluntary.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Castle Hills is mostly a forest and I love how it looks. I'm sure there are neighborhoods in there that are both and it's on the NW side.

definitely stay away from foundation problems and they are more common here. You can't neglect the ground during a drought here. Seems kinds strange to be "watering the house", but you have to keep the dirt sorta moist around the house when mother nature takes a long vacation in the rain department.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Aloha Corrie and welcome to San Antonio! I sure am glad to see that you have made it here and hope that you plan on attending the Meet and Greet this Wednesday afternoon at BIGZ!!! Also, there is a GREAT Hawaiian community in San Antonio, and would love to help with some info to get you hooked up!!! Several of the members of this board can assist...and if there is anything that you need, do not hesitate to ask! Island Aloha is alive and well in SA!!!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:10 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Corri View Post
Hello Smuboy,
Do you know if those two areas are association, or non-association? I am looking for non. Thank you very much for your help!! Mahalo!
Both areas are non-association, but Windcrest is it's own city. Northwood and Oak Park have a joint voluntary association that is part of the larger Northeast alliance group.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Talking Thank You Guys!!

Awesome!! Thank you so much everyone! This is very helpful to me, and greatly appreciated. Aloha!

Paka:
Mahalo Braddah. I'm actually still in Honolulu though. I just got back from SA on the 5th. It was such a delightful trip, I really did love it. I look forward to the next meeting though for sure. We shouldn't be here any longer than 2-3 months more. As far as the Hawaiian community goes, it's nice to know I can still speak Da Kine when I want Hopefully I can find a Hula group too I'm not of Hawaiian bloodline but I love everything about the Hawaiian culture. Plus I've been here so long now that I know I'm going to miss it.

Rd2007:
I hear you on the foundation issuses. We actually did encounter several homes with obvious foundation problems and even sidewalks broken, sagging, and sunken in. I wasn't sure if it was do to so many large trees in the area or the ground shifting. But I will remember the watering around the house for sure during drought periods. Thank you!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:30 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
This Sista is not of Hawaiian bloodlines either, but has totally fallen in love with the islands and her people during the time we were able to live there...if I had a wish list, it would include a BOX of Mays teri burgers, some garlic cheese balls and a Grinder from the Big Kahuna and some of that wonderful L&L Drive Inn plate lunch!!! OH well, someday I will get back, but for now will enjoy everything San Antonio has to offer...and I think you will find some favorites here too! Look forward to getting to meet you and the offer holds if we can help out!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:34 PM

Mahalo Sistah!! (so sorry about the mix up)

I'm really looking forward to a change, but I know how blessed I am to have a home in paradise. I will always be greatful and appreciative of Hawaii.

ALOHA~*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio