Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 18,551 times

Advertisements

Where exactly is the Little Chapel of Miracles located?? Is it near the Haven for Hope???
Please give directions as to the location of this historical chapel.
Thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,544,324 times
It has been many years since I visited the Chapel and San Antonio is changing alot. I think it is off of I10 north of down town on the right as you head south toward town. North of University Hospital in that area that is kind of isolated from everything. I used to could see it from I10 but you had to know where to look. I don't know if you can still do that. Sometimes I go looking for things and they aren't where I thought they were so keep that in mind

Old 09-07-2011, 05:23 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,882,619 times
Bing Maps - driving directions, routes, and traffic

A previously posted map. It is south of Frio and Laredo Sts.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Wow I really must be losing my mind..sorry. If sombody posted a map why was she asking?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM

I couldn't believe it but yes it is true! The little chapel of miracles is sitting on an access road!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 11,775 times
My mother had a book on the history of San Antonio that I cannot find at this moment. At one time I copied this description of the chapel from the book (sorry I am unable to give the title or the author):
"El Capilla de Miragolos contains the crucifix, known as El Senor de los Miragros, is believed to have come from San Fernando Cathedral after a fire in 1813. It originally came from Spain. Over the years, the blind, deaf, and crippled have claimed to have been cured by this crucifix, which is believed to be over 400 years old."

Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 AM

847 posts, read 2,231,404 times
pix from a book in my library..

click the images if you want to enlarge........

Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 11,641 times
Default Chapel of Miracles....(the exact info)

AKA erected 1813 Senor De Los Milagros - Don Juan Ximenes one of the soldiers who fought for the Texas Independence you can find his grave site at San Fernando Cemetary #1.... sadly a known history that was never honored.

This site was actually the original site of the ALAMO..... gulp...what?
Yup

This Chapel was erected as a family chapel as many families have to pray in and place their statues, During the time of the Battle of Bexar, Comanches and Apaches raided the area and fought in this area and in the battle of Bexar and Texas Independence this family helped soldiers in need by feeding and helping them to health here.

Thats not what makes it a church of miracles its actually the site that makes it a historical space that I am surprised San Antonio doesn't acknowledge... that is more interesting than the grounds of where the alamo is now....

the CHAPEL not at all a church not runned by a church or priest....
the family chapel is holds a miracle working crucifix from Spain that was originally owned by a family that was willing to give it away but Don Juan bought it and once he placed it in his chapel it just performed unexplained miracles and ever since than has been seeked for all over the world.

the hours are wednesdays to Monday from 9 to 2 no earlier no later... don't care if you came in bleeding the caretaker is a pill and saddens me to know he doesn't take pride as if its a burden....

but I found it today, spent hours in the library where he will tell you to go if you want to know and went to the san antonio historical society....
and my 12 year old was happy I shared this day even though its a spring break moment..lol

they sell candles so don't bring your own....december 17th is a known day for the day before is changing of the cloth of the statue of jesus and flowers and pastries are placed for blessings and sweetness...

enjoy

location Garcia Park 1200 N Frio........

Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 AM

410 posts, read 923,364 times
Thank you for this thread. I visited the chapel when I first moved to San Antonio and am happy to learn more about it. Thank you again everyone....

Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,324 times
Default Original Site,

For the Alamo ? I knew the Alamo had been moved but I never knew until now from where. Very interesting, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarefootbodhi View Post
AKA erected 1813 Senor De Los Milagros - Don Juan Ximenes one of the soldiers who fought for the Texas Independence you can find his grave site at San Fernando Cemetary #1.... sadly a known history that was never honored.

This site was actually the original site of the ALAMO..... gulp...what?
Yup

This Chapel was erected as a family chapel as many families have to pray in and place their statues, During the time of the Battle of Bexar, Comanches and Apaches raided the area and fought in this area and in the battle of Bexar and Texas Independence this family helped soldiers in need by feeding and helping them to health here.

Thats not what makes it a church of miracles its actually the site that makes it a historical space that I am surprised San Antonio doesn't acknowledge... that is more interesting than the grounds of where the alamo is now....

the CHAPEL not at all a church not runned by a church or priest....
the family chapel is holds a miracle working crucifix from Spain that was originally owned by a family that was willing to give it away but Don Juan bought it and once he placed it in his chapel it just performed unexplained miracles and ever since than has been seeked for all over the world.

the hours are wednesdays to Monday from 9 to 2 no earlier no later... don't care if you came in bleeding the caretaker is a pill and saddens me to know he doesn't take pride as if its a burden....

but I found it today, spent hours in the library where he will tell you to go if you want to know and went to the san antonio historical society....
and my 12 year old was happy I shared this day even though its a spring break moment..lol

they sell candles so don't bring your own....december 17th is a known day for the day before is changing of the cloth of the statue of jesus and flowers and pastries are placed for blessings and sweetness...

enjoy

location Garcia Park 1200 N Frio........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio