Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,364,895 times

Advertisements

I grew up on the southside not too far from that marker. Closer to Mission San Jose. 3-4 miles. QUOTE=SATX56;31730524]If it's this marker at Hart and Mission Rd. I've seen it for many years and don't recall reading it. I went to kindergarten a couple blocks up Hart. Who knew..

Google won't let me show a street view anymore..

http://goo.gl/maps/Tzpbb[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,364,895 times
Default Phil Collins,

Yes that is right, SADave I do recall hearing of it now, of the Alamo being the subject of this Phil Collins obsession. Then on the other hand I have never listened to his music. Only in passing have I heard
about this. Is he from Australia or something remarkable like that ?

I am reading a book right now called " A line in the Sand " by authors Randy Roberts and James Olson.
About the Alamo battle.

A Foremost expert on the battle too. I'll be danged, twice. The city does have quite a rep, doesn't it?
27 million tourists annually can't be wrong.

I am more of Willie Nelson listening type of person. That old fart is 80 years old now.
This... is really hi-jacking this thread, but .

He had a song Willie did, years ago called "San Antone Boy" , I used to have this song on an 8 track tape back in the seventies, lost it, and haven't seen a copy of this song since. Can't find the song anywhere Youtube, Pandora radio,= zip. Probably threw the old audio tape out, the 8 track player broke anyway. No I am not a pack rat.
I used to like that song, quite a bit.
I know 8 track tapes and the internet are probably not a good idea. About a thirty year technological gap
exists there. However.
A copy of this song- San Antone Boy, has, has, to be somewhere out there in cyberspace. Doesn't it ?
I might be better off searching for the entire album but I can't remember its' name anymore.
Willie ain't speaking to me right now.
QUOTE=majormadmax;31729319]Phil Collins has a huge obsession with the Alamo, and one of the largest private collections of Alamo memorabilia known. He's also considered one of the foremost experts on the battle (he has an honorary history degree from McMurry University in Abilene), and has even written a book about it...

Phil Collins Remembers The Alamo[/quote]

Old 10-10-2013, 09:02 AM

923 posts, read 1,495,583 times
Perhaps the mods could take post #33 and on in this thread and split it off into its own Alamo thread so we can keep this one on topic about the Little Chapel.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
Default Status

Anyone know the status of this little chapel? I went by two weeks ago and found it closed. Bolted shut

Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times
We traveled to the church on 2 Sundys and it was closed both times. Is the church closed.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,270,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fplerma View Post
We traveled to the church on 2 Sundys and it was closed both times. Is the church closed.
I'll have to go by and check it out between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm on a weekday. Oddly, a little over a year ago I had a car accident right near the Little Chapel of Miracles. Completely totaled the car, walked away with out a scratch. I walked into the chapel as I was waiting for the tow truck. I talked to the care taker who told me they've having problems ever since Haven for Hope opened up. People doing drugs on the property, people OD'ing and being found dead on the property and some other harrowing stories.

I didn't have any cash on me to donate at the time, I've always meant to go back and make a contribution, this could be my chance. I'll post here what I find out.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM

179 posts, read 245,800 times
thumbs up.....................

Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,051 times
Thanks to my better half, I was told the main caretakers of TLCM aren't well: [url]http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/communities/southside/article/Pilgrims-hope-historic-chapel-will-open-again-5383734.php[/url]

Doesn't mention a whole lot in regards to when it will open back up although there's history about the chapel within the article as well.

Last edited by mochibun; 04-23-2014 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: correction on URL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio