U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,347,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well, that's good! I didn't know that would/could help. Sounds like it would help with weight as well.
Sapphire....dairy products of ANY kind increase mucus production....mucus equals nose, sinus, and Eustation tube issues (ears).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU96 View Post
Should cedar-x be taken all year to build immunity or just during the allergy season? I will try anything! I am on Allegra-D, Bepreve eye drops and Nasonex for my symptoms and still need them a couple times a week.
Don't think so....I think it is only for symptoms...but that is a great question....now I wonder as well....

Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM

3,375 posts, read 3,938,515 times
Default I Have Heard of Cedar X

Has anyone used it? If so, does it "work"? Cost? Where to buy it?

Being from Michigan, when I first moved here, I never heard of Mountain Cedar. I had NEVER been allergic to anything in my life. Two years into living here, I found out what this scourge is! Over the next 6 years I experienced it several more times.

So, I haven't "been sick" with this allergy in over 2 years. I move to Michigan for 5 months, then I return to SA. I haven't been here a month and I have been sick in bed for 2 days (Friday and Sunday)!. The headache was gruesome, my throat was raw, my nose was plugged and I could not breath. I wanted to die yesterday! Anyway, today is better, I sprayed my nose to open it and now it is running like a sieve, I cannot taste a thing, and my nose is so sore even though I'm using lotion tissues.

I need to get this Cedar X so I don't get plagued by this again (assuming it works). I hope to hear from all those who have tried/used it.

What a welcome back!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Has anyone used it? If so, does it "work"? Cost? Where to buy it?

Being from Michigan, when I first moved here, I never heard of Mountain Cedar. I had NEVER been allergic to anything in my life. Two years into living here, I found out what this scourge is! Over the next 6 years I experienced it several more times.

So, I haven't "been sick" with this allergy in over 2 years. I move to Michigan for 5 months, then I return to SA. I haven't been here a month and I have been sick in bed for 2 days (Friday and Sunday)!. The headache was gruesome, my throat was raw, my nose was plugged and I could not breath. I wanted to die yesterday! Anyway, today is better, I sprayed my nose to open it and now it is running like a sieve, I cannot taste a thing, and my nose is so sore even though I'm using lotion tissues.

I need to get this Cedar X so I don't get plagued by this again (assuming it works). I hope to hear from all those who have tried/used it.

What a welcome back!
you can purchase it at Integrative Healing Institute 3300 Nacogdoches Rd Ste 110, something like $18 per bottle, one has lasted me several seasons now. Also, go to Sprouts and get the "allergen" drops for S Texas...which coveres about 120 different, area specific trees and allergens.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 AM

43 posts, read 67,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkout View Post
I had some feeling after trying it for a while that Cedar X was a good thing but I'm always trying so many things that I'm not sure that that was what was really helping -- not sure things changed any when I stopped using it. I told Lamar Plaza Drugs/Dripping Springs Pharmacy about it and they said they got it so you can call them if interested. Actually I've had a much better season this year -- still some sneezing and blowing but much less congestion/eye itching and general misery. I think it's due to taking 5000 units/day of vitamin D3 (I took the Jarrow brand from Central mkt). Check the info by doing a Google search with "seasonal allergies" "vitamin D3". If you decide to take it for a while it's recommended to get a particular blood test to check your levels -- it's mentioned in the articles you'll see.
If you up your Vitamin D3 be sure to also increase your magnesium intake as Mg gets used in the process. Check this interesting site for info on Mg Connective Tissue Disorder Site

Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,413,309 times
Default Paka,

I have entered this once before, an allergist whom commonly and annually suffered from severe Rhinitis, hay fever that is,prescribed me two meds. to treat the symptoms of this malady.
After 50 yrs. of suffering from runny nose, red nose, watery itchy eyes, sneezing uncontrollably, nasal congestion and swelling of the inner lining and tissues he knew exactly what to prescribe me.
Astelpro* 0.15% and
Nasonex 50 mcg*
I had tried all of the needleprick skin testing from various allergists and gave myself those shots to supposedly de-sensitize my system to the allergens I was sensitive to pollens etc. The old allergist in Boerne
expressed my symptomology to me very succinctly.
" You are allergic to mother nature". Oak, Mountain cedar,
various grasses amd including ragweed. Funny, I have never forgotten those words.
Then came the next Allergist, reffered to me in a clinic office by an R.N. who was also in the waiting room.
My son was also suffering and had a terrible, terrible, sinus infection.

In the beginning he also prescribed me an oral decongestant. I have since discontinued its' and only use the nasal sprays.
My regular familiy practitioner would not prescribe me these two nasal sprays at all. That is he would not refill the prescriptions, "What for, both? They both do the same thing?" he said.
"Because they work in unison." I replied. He wouldn't budge.
Back to the allergist I went. I stil use these sprays, 11 years later, to this day, and it is a very effective treatment.
My words to this fellow sufferer of rhinitis, Allergist and surgeon, were...." You are the best Doctor I have ever had, after 50 years of suffering from severe symptoms of this I am practically free of it now."
It was a Godsend really, only fellow severe sufferers can really know of which I speak. It is miserable to
have this malady follow you around every time one steps out of doors. It is very nearly a curse, I exaggerate,
but it is bad, very bad if you are a true sufferer. It seems you are never free ever of a continuous cold.
It is treating the symptoms, yes, but does that matter? Nothing else worked. Since I was a little boy.
Now, the flare ups of rhinitis symptoms are very minor, of minimal effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Don't think so....I think it is only for symptoms...but that is a great question....now I wonder as well....

Old 02-27-2015, 09:02 AM

43 posts, read 67,946 times
Default So much better

Last year I was totally miserable and congested. This year I am hardly experiencing anything -- a little nose running sometimes and an occasional sneeze but really night and day from last year. I credit the change to allergy drops (SLIT) which I got from Texan Allergy. Shorter term relief came from Nasocort spray which is now over the counter (can get several in a package from Costco) and prescription generic Singulair. The drops took a while to kick in so you may want to start now to see the benefits down the road, but the regular drugs mentioned are faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio