Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:56 PM

62 posts, read 105,280 times

Advertisements

This is our second winter here and I have had to take Zyrtec since the end of December...and it helps a little but I'm still a completely stuffed up, sneezing, itchy mess. I've never been allergic to any kind of pollen in my life but am clearly pretty allergic to this stuff. UGH! I'll have to try Cedar-X next year. But, given people saying this is the worst they've had in a long time...can I hold on to the hope that it won't be quite as bad next year?!?? Please??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM

51 posts, read 176,028 times
you can purchase it at Integrative Healing Institute 3300 Nacogdoches Rd Ste 110

Old 01-29-2011, 06:53 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
I've cut out all dairy and my allergies and sinus issues have improved greatly. It's not easy since I'm a big cheese lover but the benefits have been great.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottnboys View Post
sapphire - I'm so glad to read your posts....I'm not alone - but I'm sorry you and I (and everyone here) are having such a tough time.....UGH...itchy ears, itchy throat, dripping/sneezing nose, tearing eyes, ELEPHANT size headache, major fatigue, blahblahblah - you all know...and if I didn't get the relief I get from Zyrtec D - I'd be in the bed the past few weeks...(anyone serving cheese with my whine?)

I'm SOOOOO READY for the cedar trees to STOP their nonsense for this season....it's been the worst for me too in recent years....come on mid-February (sniffle, sneeze, hack, cough)....and LONGER days not far behind that

So you can validate my itchy ears?? YESSSSSSSSS! I told my husband ( a non-sufferer) and he thought I was making that part up. Thanks! Hopefully not much longer now.....yesterday's weather made me so happy, but then today, ick. Just wonder what all those little pieces of pollen are plotting today???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative24 View Post
This is our second winter here and I have had to take Zyrtec since the end of December...and it helps a little but I'm still a completely stuffed up, sneezing, itchy mess. I've never been allergic to any kind of pollen in my life but am clearly pretty allergic to this stuff. UGH! I'll have to try Cedar-X next year. But, given people saying this is the worst they've had in a long time...can I hold on to the hope that it won't be quite as bad next year?!?? Please??
Yes, you're right......next year may be extremely mild or worse than this year. It depends on the amount of rainfall we get prior, I believe. But then there are some times when it's really bothering ME but not others, and vice versa. And, it actually took several years of living here to even be affected by the mountain cedar. I thought I was home free. Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I've cut out all dairy and my allergies and sinus issues have improved greatly. It's not easy since I'm a big cheese lover but the benefits have been great.
Interesting. Not sure I would do this, but I don't even consume much dairy, now that I think about it. VERY seldom drink milk--and only skim which is basically white water --cheese on pizzas once or twice a month, and yogurt. Were you drinking a lot of milk before, then you just stopped?

Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
Yes, both my husband and daughter get temporary relief from their symptoms. It does not work like prescription meds but it helps on the days when their symptoms are not as severe. However, you have reapply it every few hours for continued relief.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Saph, just milk in the coffee, cheese and butter with cooking. I don't drink milk by the glass and I'm not a big cereal eater so I don't have it there. But I've cut out everything even packaged foods that have milk or casein in it. It has really helped.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:38 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Well, that's good! I didn't know that would/could help. Sounds like it would help with weight as well.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM

43 posts, read 79,373 times
I had some feeling after trying it for a while that Cedar X was a good thing but I'm always trying so many things that I'm not sure that that was what was really helping -- not sure things changed any when I stopped using it. I told Lamar Plaza Drugs/Dripping Springs Pharmacy about it and they said they got it so you can call them if interested. Actually I've had a much better season this year -- still some sneezing and blowing but much less congestion/eye itching and general misery. I think it's due to taking 5000 units/day of vitamin D3 (I took the Jarrow brand from Central mkt). Check the info by doing a Google search with "seasonal allergies" "vitamin D3". If you decide to take it for a while it's recommended to get a particular blood test to check your levels -- it's mentioned in the articles you'll see.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Have used Ceder X with good results, but a friend of ours told me about "Allergena" drops for one 5 (our area) and the Mold Mix. They sell them at Sprouts. GREAT stuff...that and my Allegra have REALLY helped me after 2 sinus infections earlier this winter and the need to change to Allegra because my old allergy meds just were not cutting it.

Allergena has over 120 trees, grass and weeds for this area of the country and REALLY is helping me, as well as my friend and his wife (all CDF members by the way!)

Thought I would pass this on to anyone it might help, cause I was SURE HAPPY to be told about it!

Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 AM

15 posts, read 33,654 times
Should cedar-x be taken all year to build immunity or just during the allergy season? I will try anything! I am on Allegra-D, Bepreve eye drops and Nasonex for my symptoms and still need them a couple times a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio