U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:42 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times

Advertisements

And who knew it could get so complicated in Stone Oak?

Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,077,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And who knew it could get so complicated in Stone Oak?

Really sad to hear that you're a teacher. And so closed-minded.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Really sad to hear that you're a teacher. And so closed-minded.
I'm not a teacher. Nor am I closed-minded. Because I think a kid should be dressed properly for cold weather? Wow, you are seriously stretching things.

I said "as a teacher" while referring to the teacher who posted that she "doesn't judge".

Really sad to hear that you're a mother.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not a teacher. Nor am I closed-minded. Because I think a kid should be dressed properly for cold weather? Wow, you are seriously stretching things.

I said "as a teacher" while referring to the teacher who posted that she "doesn't judge".

Really sad to hear that you're a mother.

oh thank gawd. I was so upset at the thought of you being a teacher and imposing such narrow-minded views of the world on innocent kids. Too bad for your own kids, but at least I know you're only damaging a few.

And you come on here and declare parents are lazy if they don't do x, y and z. Everyone in Stone Oak has a perfect life. People who don't go to the playground with their children have issues. Um...what exactly is your definition of narrow mindedness? Don't start back peddling now. You've made your opinions of others very clear

Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Well, just from the way you speak about your husband on here, I'm afraid you're probably damaging your own. Look in the mirror, sweets.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:11 PM

3,365 posts, read 3,929,676 times
Quote:
I try to abide by the phrase that goes something like...never judge another until you have walked in their shoes.

But, it's good to know that the messiness of life can be so easily tidied up in Michigan.
I HAVE walked in their shoes. I grew up in a housing project in Detroit, a child of ADC (Aid to Dependant Children). My mother, however, made sure I had the necessities of life. It is called budgeting what you have. And a priority of that budgeting would be to make sure your children are dressed properly for the weather. I also set my mind to not continuing the cycle of being poor. So I have no sympathy for ignorance or laziness, dress your kids for the weather and send them to school. Don't keep them home because it gets cold.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Well, just from the way you speak about your husband on here, I'm afraid you're probably damaging your own. Look in the mirror, sweets.
again, you insist on speaking as if you know anything. Sweetie, let me once again join a long line of others and reiterate that you actually know nada about most things. Stop while you are ahead. Well, too late for that I guess

Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
again, you insist on speaking as if you know anything. Sweetie, let me once again join a long line of others and reiterate that you actually know nada about most things. Stop while you are ahead. Well, too late for that I guess
I'm crushed.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I HAVE walked in their shoes. I grew up in a housing project in Detroit, a child of ADC (Aid to Dependant Children). My mother, however, made sure I had the necessities of life. It is called budgeting what you have. And a priority of that budgeting would be to make sure your children are dressed properly for the weather. I also set my mind to not continuing the cycle of being poor. So I have no sympathy for ignorance or laziness, dress your kids for the weather and send them to school. Don't keep them home because it gets cold.
The issue I had with your statements and Sapp's was your refusal to accept any other possibilities for a situation. To automatically classify a group of people in a negative light because they are not behaving in a way you think is correct is teetering on a very dangerous slope. To call people lazy because their kid is in shorts and the poor ignorant, I mean...the world is just not that black and white.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:34 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,233,864 times
Growing up poor (I mean dirt poor), my mother often bought clothes from the thrift store or received donations from CAM or the church. We would sometimes catch the bus to several churches for clothes, food, and school supplies. Churches even give out bus tickets. Oftentimes if you talk to the counselor at school, they will provide you with coats and school supplies. A couple of years, we had brand new clothes given to us for Christmas through the school. I don't know how overstretched charities and churches are right now because of the recession. Clothes were easy to get, food was harder because that's a constant need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or