Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I will gladly take the Gaga tickets off your hands.
I don't have any tickets yet. 96.1 was having a contest about guessing when the egg will hatch for free tickets.

http://www.mix961.com/pages/gagaegg.html

Last edited by txmusicgal; 03-10-2011 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Added a link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I don't have any tickets yet. 96.1 was having a contest about guessing when the egg will hatch for free tickets.

Gaga or the Egg? - Mix 96.1= Hit Music. 210-470-5961
I saw that. They've been doing a lot of stuff on their twitter and facebook too. Need to keep an eye on that!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:28 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I go to SA a couple of times a year and I remember there was like a 95 X that played latin pop, but this last time I was back there in November/December there was not one at all. 95.1 was playing spanish oldies if I remember correctly.

97.7 to me was good because but it essentialy sounded exactly like 99.5 KISS but without alll the commercials. I like these type of rock stations but would like more variety over the airwaves in SA.

Grammy award winning rock bands like MUSE do not even get played in San Antonio, at least not that I could find.
lol -- both radio stations have changed in the past year. SA has kinda been format flip crazy lately, just not as much as Austin.

95.1 flipped to a rhythmic-leaning Spanish Top 40 "La Kalle", you can see their music here: yes.com

97.7 flipped from rock to pure pop to compete with 94.1 and 96.1.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:49 PM

18,122 posts, read 25,262,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
95.1 flipped to a rhythmic-leaning Spanish Top 40 "La Kalle", you can see their music here: yes.com
"La Kalle" (I think is 95.1 in SA) sucks big b....s
70% of the time they are playing the same 3 people
Shakira (Pop), Aventura (Bachata) and Pitbull (Reggeaton).

It's funny that the only bachata they play is Aventura, as if nobody else plays bachata.
It makes me wonder if people in San Antonio have ever heard this great bachata singers.
Monchy & Alexandra - No es una novela
Frank Reyes - Princesa
Alex Bueno - Perdoname

Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,523,645 times
Thanks for sharing the tunes with us. For someone who does not like the genre of bachata much, I must say Aventura is very catchy and plays good tunes. Which is probably why the station plays them alot.

I read the playlist to La Kalle, these Univision pop stations love the Florida and New York sound like Aventura, WinsinYandel, Daddy Yankee, Don Omar. We're a Mexican/Mexican American majority in San Antonio!!!! How about a little more Cafe Tacuba, Jaguares, and Julieta Venegas.... I would even settle for some Belanova. Oh well, at least they play Mana and Camila.

As far as 97.7, they were not the first station to try to go up against 995 KISS and lose. Does anyone remember KZDC AM 1250? What was cool about AM 1250 was that they were playing tunes like Iron Maiden, King Diamond, Metallica, and Sepultura at a time when KISS was playing Hootie and The Blowfish, Alanis Morissete, and Presidents of the United States of America. What a difference a decade has made for 995 KISS and as far as KZDC, I never understood how they made it for as long as they did without commercials or listener support

Last edited by malcorub16; 03-10-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 03-10-2011, 11:39 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,470,334 times
There was another FM station that tried to go up against KISS a few years ago, but they were worse than 97.7. They were playing a version of a NIN song that sounded like a skipping record. I called them to ask why their version was messed up and they told me that was the version that was sent to them. I told them that it wasn't like that on KISS and the guy on the phone told me to listen to KISS then. LOL. Obviously, they didn't last. I know my comparison might have sounded rude, but why would a station play a screwed up recording of a song repeatedly?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:45 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
There was another FM station that tried to go up against KISS a few years ago, but they were worse than 97.7. They were playing a version of a NIN song that sounded like a skipping record. I called them to ask why their version was messed up and they told me that was the version that was sent to them. I told them that it wasn't like that on KISS and the guy on the phone told me to listen to KISS then. LOL. Obviously, they didn't last. I know my comparison might have sounded rude, but why would a station play a screwed up recording of a song repeatedly?
You didn't call Kidd Chris did you?

Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,470,334 times
I can't remember who I talked to. It was late-night/early-morning.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Hyp

97 posts, read 121,927 times
I think people would appreciate radio stations more if they started playing stuff that is good, just not so much of the same stuff over and over. There are great songs out there in EVERY genre, but majority of cities play what they THINK is suppose to be played. It sucks because there are 2, now 3, sometimes FOUR radio stations that play some of the same songs on each station, and they play them over and over. And what's worse, is they play remixes of the same songs which I think is ridiculous!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Hyp

97 posts, read 121,927 times
Just got back from Miami, and walking around in south beach, at local restaurants, they were playing House Music with artists like Deadmau5, Kaskade, David Guetta just to name a few. People had no problem with it. I just don't understand why nobody takes that step to letting other people know that there is other music in the world. I didn't hear much of their radio stations because I was partying lol. But throughout all of South Beach, they had great music playing, that is catchy. It just annoys the hell out of me, that nobody in Sa has tried something like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio