U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 AM
 
67 posts, read 132,490 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

Need recommendation for a good dermatologist. Suffering from a serious case of rosacea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
 
15 posts, read 20,911 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngch View Post
Need recommendation for a good dermatologist. Suffering from a serious case of rosacea.
I see Dr. Phillip Hughes, Hughes Dermatology @ Medical Center (I have rosacea too) He treats it as a syndrome in a multifacted way. My face looks great, through topical treatment, oral antibiotics, and laser zapping of blood vessels.

Unfortunately he does not accept insurance, because, he does not need to. I have found his services worth every penny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,364,220 times
Reputation: 721
I have seen my share of Dermatoligist's over that past ten years and a good one is hard to find.
My suggestion would be to contact Dr. Firoz with UT Medicine at 450-9840. She is an extremely popular Doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch, San Antonio,TX.
1,668 posts, read 3,364,220 times
Reputation: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudestSpursfan View Post
I see Dr. Phillip Hughes, Hughes Dermatology @ Medical Center (I have rosacea too) He treats it as a syndrome in a multifacted way. My face looks great, through topical treatment, oral antibiotics, and laser zapping of blood vessels.

Unfortunately he does not accept insurance, because, he does not need to. I have found his services worth every penny.
I will have laser treatment on my face in March with my Dermatologist to zap broken blood vessels on my face. I've got my share from sun exposure. How satisfied are you with this process? I was told it would take about an hour and I'll have small bruise like areas on my face for several days. I've had several surgeries on my face due to skin cancer and have appliled topical creams to fight precancers so looking a little beat up won't bother me.

Since this is a cosmetic procedure my insurance will not pay which is alright with me. High or not it sounds like the $450 I'll spend will be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2011, 06:32 PM
 
15 posts, read 20,911 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
I will have laser treatment on my face in March with my Dermatologist to zap broken blood vessels on my face. I've got my share from sun exposure. How satisfied are you with this process? I was told it would take about an hour and I'll have small bruise like areas on my face for several days. I've had several surgeries on my face due to skin cancer and have appliled topical creams to fight precancers so looking a little beat up won't bother me.

Since this is a cosmetic procedure my insurance will not pay which is alright with me. High or not it sounds like the $450 I'll spend will be worth it.
It is not a comfortable experience, but, as you, I have had worse. However, it did take a couple of follow up "zappings" to get my vessels cleared. He charged a lot less for the follow up, but the original was about 450. And, I need a "tune-up" every year, as the vessels do like to break despite my better efforts. My derm suggests you not apply topical anesthetic as it shrinks and masks the vessels temporarily. I love the coppertone skin faces spf 50 btw. I have tried many many sunscreens, this one is the best so far. I put in on every morning rain or shine.

As for bruising, I had one small bad spot that he had to zap a lot that turned black, other than that I do not recall anything other than mild redness (nothing new!) for about 12 hours.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2011, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Proudly San Antonio since 7-09
41 posts, read 84,755 times
Reputation: 14
I highly recommend Castle Hills Dermatology, Dr Davis - The office is in the 1800 block of Lockhill Selma (zip code near 78216).

I needed a dermatologist after moving to the warm climate. I chose them because someone else on this site recommended them highly (I think it was this site, not a medical one, but it was over a year ago). I was seen quickly and the dr. helped me with what turned out to be a food allergy after ruling out rosacea.

I wish I could find a GP as good as Dr Davis.

Best of luck

K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top