U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 AM

898 posts, read 2,558,524 times

Advertisements

ever since yesterday if you want to scroll down the channels on the screen to see whats on, you see nothing. has this been happening to you too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,159,872 times
Nope, ours is working fine. You might try to reboot your DVR by unplugging it from the back, let it set for a minute or so, then replugging it in...

Cheers! M2

Old 02-19-2011, 10:40 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,413,476 times
Mine is slower than sh*t, sometimes I'll stop on a channel and the channel is blank as in dark no messages nothing.

In another thread I opened earlier this week what been happening and continues to happen is I'll go to a station and a banner will display "not available at this time" (or the channel just stays blank) ~ it's starting to happen so much I'm thinking of just bringing the HD converter back to TW and say cancel......

Have patience with the unplug and replug routine, after you plug it in it takes a few minutes before the converter comes back online.

It is absolutely ridiculous that in 2011 you have to unplug and replug an appliance at least once a month to get it to work correctly again.

AND pay $150+ a month for the privilege

Old 02-19-2011, 12:46 PM

898 posts, read 2,558,524 times
did the online chat, and re-booted, all is fine now

Old 02-19-2011, 01:12 PM

418 posts, read 689,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

It is absolutely ridiculous that in 2011 you have to unplug and replug an appliance at least once a month to get it to work correctly again.

AND pay $150+ a month for the privilege
That is essentially a system reboot... and we are still doing that
with computer systems when all other fixes fail.

Mine has been working fine... when it starts working funky I just
do the "reboot" thing and wait patiently for the box to come back
online.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,413,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
That is essentially a system reboot... and we are still doing that with computer systems when all other fixes fail.
LMAO, when all other fixes failed I went to other OS's..... You must be running a windowz computer then....*Rarely* do I have to cold boot any of my computer systems.....

Since I must do this on a routine basis with the TW converter it leads me to believe it must be running some version of windowz OS as well. </joking>

~ do I have to cold boot my TV, NO
~ do I have to cold boot my camcorder? NO
~ etc etc etc

TW has some major flaws in it's service.

Last edited by plwhit; 02-19-2011 at 08:34 PM..

Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 PM

500 posts, read 614,694 times
Maybe this could explain why two of my DVR recordings this week only taped the first three minutes of the program. I checked my series manager settings and they were correct, but if the Guide goes out, maybe the recording does as well??

Old 02-19-2011, 09:34 PM

7,002 posts, read 10,279,557 times
I have Windows and I never have to unplug my computer. I have had Windows 7 for over a year and have had no issues with that OS. Software and OS updates often require you to restart your computer.

The converter box usually restarts on its own when there is an update. Having to unplug it or constantly reset the modem is a technical issue and an annoyance.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,184,382 times
We're having all sorts of problems with shows freezing during the DVR recordings. Wanna know why? Because Time Warner Cable sucks.

Don't bother calling, they will tell you to just reboot your DVR every day of the week. Then, 2 hours later, same thing happens. They won't address the real issues, but they will take your money or cut you off like slumlords.

Puro San Antonio!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 PM

3,661 posts, read 6,483,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
We're having all sorts of problems with shows freezing during the DVR recordings. Wanna know why? Because Time Warner Cable sucks.

Don't bother calling, they will tell you to just reboot your DVR every day of the week. Then, 2 hours later, same thing happens. They won't address the real issues, but they will take your money or cut you off like slumlords.

Puro San Antonio!
Amen... I am seriously considering ditching Time Warner and getting a Roku box and Netflix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio