Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 PM

952 posts, read 2,621,493 times

Advertisements

yes redneck, now go mind your own business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:24 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,066,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I used SNAP (410/Ingram) and while when you go in they look like a Free Clinic (stark white walls very bland inside) they were VERY nice and took beautiful care of our dog.
Good to hear Sabres. The bland look probably keeps costs down; I am all for that, doggies don't know and the dog is taken care of is that matters!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 PM

522 posts, read 1,127,497 times
we got our 80lb german shepherd neutered at snap, we recommend them it's a good price for standard services. they make important services like alteration and vaccination and heartworm treatment affordable regardless of income.

though, i also am a little confused by the adamant "no price by income".

what area of town are you looking to find services?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 PM

574 posts, read 1,332,468 times
Quick question...

How do they determine your income qualification? I'd imagine someone who could afford it could just walk in and say they were unemployed.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Quick question...

How do they determine your income qualification? I'd imagine someone who could afford it could just walk in and say they were unemployed.
They ask for documentation (social security statement, food stamp letter, unemployment, WIC, TANF and others) and a ID. I believe its just one document from the list on SNAP Mobile that they ask for. My parents took their dog a few months ago but sometimes things change pretty quickly.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:41 PM

as far as i know dreadlockd, i don't think there's any specific vet who does "income based" pricing as an over all practice; just that places like SNAP who offer periodical free or discounted clinic services on a first come first serve basis. if ownupsa was still a functioning website they would have a schedule of places and events that were hosting such clinics (and i often see local businesses sponsoring these types of events.)

EDIT: i stand corrected, skeet is right about the mobile program. the mobile program's site shows how to show proof of income: http://www.snapus.org/site/PageServe..._Mobile_Clinic

Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMalcontent View Post
if ownupsa was still a functioning website they would have a schedule of places and events that were hosting such clinics (and i often see local businesses sponsering these types of events.)
It's not up anymore? ugh, that stinks!
It was a good site to get info. all in place!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:54 PM

yeah, i am not sure when the site stopped working, though last time i was on it it didn't appear to be updated. bummer, it was a good consolidation of resources.

some net sleuthing yielded this site though: Home | Talk About It which seems to be its replacement. it has a calendar of events (mostly s/n clinics) Calendar | Talk About It as well as a list of low cost clinics Appointments | Talk About It (http://www.talkaboutitsa.org/resources/clinics - broken link)

hopefully this one sticks around, though i am disappointed i haven't heard about this site sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio