Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM

226 posts, read 865,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
I have to add my own two cents - I would strongly recommend Asia Kitchen on Loop 410 - just south of Marbach. They have a website you can check out to view their dishes and location. Although it's predominantly Thai food -they also serve some chinese dishes, too.

I can only speak to the quality and authenticity of their Thai food but it is GOOD! I've been to Thailand and had the real stuff and this is the closest thing I've found anywhere. If you like really spicy stuff - be sure to order your food "Thai Hot" as opposed to regular "Hot". "Thai Hot" is only for the truly brave, however - or people used to authentic thai spiciness....
There's an Asia Kitchen on Culebra near Ingram. Excellent food there too. I wonder if its from the same owners...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 01:10 PM

37 posts, read 165,805 times
I had been looking for such a cheesesteak place in town. I tried several different places in a week period

The best one I've found is Delaware sub shop in Austin Highway. Order the sub all the way and it's delicious! Order it with just cheesesteak (and of course, extra mustard) and you can taste how good it is and how soft/good the bread is.

Another good one is Boston Subworks. They have the softest bread I've tried. This one's at West Ave. and W. Nakoma.

Philly Connection is okay. They're not very original but they seem to put some sort of spices on the meat that makes it taste good. Bread is definitely not up to par.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
has anyone tried the newly opened genghis grill at 1604/281 near boston pizza? just curious

DO NOT EAT AT GENGHIS GRILL!

friends and i went to eat there tonight and she found hair in her food.
we told the server so she can get a new bowl, but instead he said, "OH SORRY BOUT THAT" and just walked away.

What kind of place does that?
Did he expected her to pick out the hair and eat the rest?

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Food was horrible as well. I had shrimp and they were all burnt and tasted like bacon.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:37 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,886,388 times
I had not noticed this thread before, but I went to school in Philly and the closest thing to a Philly Cheesesteak is the Delawre Sub Shop on Austin Hiway. The owner is from Delaware but also went to school in Philly. He has 3 shops in Austin adn the only one I know of in SA is on Austin Hiway.
And for the record...who ever told you to put mustard on a cheesesteak???????? They would string you up on Passyunk Ave. in South Philly!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,172 times
Well, I too have been looking for good authentic Chinese restaurants in SA and had little luck. I used to live in Dallas and have been spoiled by all the good authentic Chinese restaurants there. The only 2 places I have found that is somewhat decent in SA is Kim Wah BBQ off Bandera and Huebner and Phoenix on West Avenue but even those 2 places are no comparsion to the restaurants in Dallas. If anyone knows of other places, please let me know!

Old 09-23-2007, 09:32 AM

40 posts, read 227,416 times
Thank you to all who contributed to this post.

After trying a number of places I have come to the conclusion the San Antonio just does not have what I want. Some places came close but I guess this is not a cheesteak or chinese food town.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:52 PM

14 posts, read 59,398 times
I like Formosa Garden on 410 for Chinese food.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:33 AM

5 posts, read 9,168 times
Default Genghis Grill

Has anybody else tried the Genghis Grill??

I have heard good things and bad things about this place.
As always the bad news travels faster than good news.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:38 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I really liked Philly Connection and a guy I work with from PA gave it his blessing also. My favorite part was the onion rings though. I've finally found my onion ring nirvana.
They also carry TastyKakes and according to their ad on WOAI radio, you get 10% off by mentioning WOAI

Old 11-22-2007, 06:38 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,051,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Winslow View Post
DO NOT EAT AT GENGHIS GRILL!

friends and i went to eat there tonight and she found hair in her food.
we told the server so she can get a new bowl, but instead he said, "OH SORRY BOUT THAT" and just walked away.

What kind of place does that?
Did he expected her to pick out the hair and eat the rest?

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Food was horrible as well. I had shrimp and they were all burnt and tasted like bacon.
You forgot they are way over priced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio