Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 PM

5 posts, read 9,298 times

Advertisements

Hi all, new to the forum and currently living in Colorado Springs. Flying to SA friday 5/27 for a long weekend, 2 fortysomething females who love country music. Sunday the plan is to go to Seaworld in the afternoon. Maybe Friday night and Saturday night going to a country bar to do some dancing? Other than that nothing planned yet. Where and what are some of the fun events on that weekend?
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Wow, San Antonio must be dead on Memorial Day weekend! Posted more than 2 months ago and not one reply! Disappointing!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM

431 posts, read 765,957 times
go float the river

Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM

Where do you go for that?

Old 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the reply! Where do you go for the floating? Is there a website? Thanks!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
Why would you come to San Antonio when you are in such a beautiful area? Colorado Springs is my dream destination for living.

We are in a drought right now so I'm not going to recommend going to the Hill Country for water recreation.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:50 PM

246 posts, read 433,634 times
If you are country fans you owe it to yourself to visit Greune Hall, oldest dance hall in Texas. It is in New Braunfels. Also Floores Country store. Google both and you will see the music lineups etc.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 AM

9 posts, read 18,174 times
Check out Guadalupe Canoe Livery for floating the river. If you like them on FB you can keep up with their posts that mention how well (or not) the conditions are for floating. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More. If you don't have FB, their website is www.guadalupecanoelivery.com.
I'm sure you can also Google 'Float Guadalupe River' and it will come up with other options.

If you like theme parks, you may want to check out 'Schlitterbahn', which is a large water park about 30-45 minutes north of San Antonio.

I second the recs for Greune Hall and Floores. There's also Cowboy's Dance Hall, which is in town, for country dancing.

I think one of the military bases used to do fireworks and fly planes on Memorial Day. I'm not sure if that's the case any longer.

There's also Boerne, Fredericksburg, Blanco and all kinds of other great small towns in the hill country just north of town. I'm sure there's a lot of information about these online or on this forum. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM

679 posts, read 1,802,820 times
You have to check out Luckenbach.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:37 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Dunno how I missed this, but...

Gruene Dance Hall - Yes! Go Friday, spend the day shopping the area (if you're into that) - figure 2-4 hours. Afterwards, a little dancing. Overnight in New Braunfels, then up the next mornin' an' do some tubing on the Guadalupe River.

Floores Country Store - another piece of Texas History! Willie Nelson used to play here free on Sunday nights. Nice Saturday destination for boot scootin'.

Sunday - personally, it'd be Fiesta Texas - but Seaworld can be nice, too. Spend the day Sunday with a visit to the Alamo and/or the Missions - both are neat places to visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio