Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 PM

45 posts, read 107,324 times

Advertisements

I need 2 end tables..preferably not identical...I'm not a big fan of matchy-match furniture. However, if they are the right ones I'll get them as a pair.

Where are some shops to buy antiques in the area? And not overly expensive

THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,887,890 times
Salvation Army at S. Flores and S. Alamo, Boysville on Olmos Dr., also there is a shop on Broadway at 9th. I know these are not "antique" shops but good places to get good furniture. It may need some work to make it nice, but that's the fun of it.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:11 PM

45 posts, read 107,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Salvation Army at S. Flores and S. Alamo, Boysville on Olmos Dr., also there is a shop on Broadway at 9th. I know these are not "antique" shops but good places to get good furniture. It may need some work to make it nice, but that's the fun of it.
I've never found anything good at the Salvation Army...but at I've struck gold at Goodwill a couple of times. Maybe the SA in SA is better than the one where I lived.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 AM

177 posts, read 358,021 times
Smarkham,
This was such a frustration to me... I lived in SA four years and never could find the kind of antiquing I love. Like you, I hate "sets" of furniture and the matchy look. Maybe that comes from living all over the country and collecting pieces. There is a decent antique mall in New Braunfels. Other than that, you need to go to the Marburger Farm show in Roundtop, which is coming up next week. It's twice a year and the trip of a lifetime for antique lovers. It's also full of re-purposed pieces, architectural, shabby chic, primitive, folk... just an amazing trip. There are dozens of other shows going on in the area that week. If you can't go in March, plan ahead for fall. Or... if you are up toward Dallas... McKinney is good and also Canton Days... can't remember when that one is.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

472 posts, read 1,076,299 times
I've seen some antique stores on Blanco road close to Fulton Ave (by the Blanco Cafe) and on Hildebrand between San Pedro and Blanco road,..don't think they can be very expensive.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:16 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,087 times
There is an antique mall off NW Military, can't remember the name, but it had nice stuff, and it was pretty big inside.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:51 PM

108 posts, read 241,485 times
I know there is a place called Artisans Market I think it is in the Northeast area of the city. There might be some antique places around the King Williams area.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,756 times
Go to Vogt Auction on Boardwalk, Tuesday nights. Its where the dealers go!
Check it out online!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralou View Post
I know there is a place called Artisans Market I think it is in the Northeast area of the city. There might be some antique places around the King Williams area.
Are you thinking of Artisan's Alley? It's on Bitters. They do have an antique store. Here's a link: Shopping at The Shops at Artisans Alley (http://www.artisansalley.com/shopping.html - broken link)

I've found antiques around here to be incredibly expensive for the quality - not at all what you find in the Midwest.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM

186 posts, read 690,047 times
Great reasonable priced stuff on Hildebrand (between blanco and san pedro) as mentioned above. Lots of them with lots of stuff outside so you can't miss them... just go right down the strip. There are some that don't have a lot other than little things but there are some gems.

I love antiques and live around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio