U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:06 PM

32 posts, read 28,916 times
Default Where to plan a Mom's Night Out?

I am in charge of planning a monthly Mothers Night Out (MNO) for a group I am associated with. The main focus of the MNO is to get stay at homes out of the house to have some fun (sans kids). In the past we have done happy hours, Boerne Market Days (sometimes we plan weekend activities) and well.....that's it. Any suggestions for activities that a bunch o f(20+ group size, age range 25-40) woman can do/go in San Antonio for a night of fun and none kid related fun? Maybe even some suggestions of good restaurants we could go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 2 days ago)

13,585 posts, read 21,230,627 times
The Cameo Theater would be fun. You could eat in Sunset Station and walk over to the theater and get your drink on.....they used to make black cherry margaritas, haven't been in a while so not sure if the bartender that rocks is still there.

But the shows are usually really good!! More adult-themed but not nasty or raunchy. Just funny!

Last edited by sapphire; 03-28-2011 at 01:22 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 PM

699 posts, read 880,991 times
I recently went skating with a bunch of ladies - rollercade has adult night Wednesdays from 7:30-10. Lots of fun!!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 PM

733 posts, read 2,375,264 times
My mom's group just did a LNO- early dinner/happy hour at Bin 555 and then Painting w/ a Twist.

Those pottery places are always fun- they're usually BYOB so we do a bottle of wine and a few apps.

Dinners out are always huge hit and at NON-child friendly restaurants. El Mirasol, Z Tejas, Aldino's are always good.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM

450 posts, read 469,941 times
Not sure what part of town you are in but if you are interested in getting together to hangout we have done GNO (meetup group) at Copa Wine Bar (www.thecopawinebar.com) in Stone Oak. They have an upstairs area that they will reserve for you and your guests.

My husband and I also just found out about Wine 101 (www.wine101tx.com) in Helotes. They have tapas plates and places outside to sit. You can order tapa plates to share.

The Grill @ Leon Springs (www.leonspringsgrill.com) has Happy Hour every day 4-7 pm and if you get their at 4 PM they have a back room in the bar area that you can use for your gathering. I had my 40th birthday HH there on a Saturday and we took over that room. Just be there before others get in the room.

Mi Casa Tamales (www.tamalesmicasa.com) is another place that would be great if you don't mind being outside.

The comedy clubs could also be a fun night. You could do dinner and then the comedy show.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,400,817 times
My apartment!

My roomie loves to have a GNO at the Bin 555, so maybe thats a good spot for ya

Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 PM

10 posts, read 9,504 times
I am a stay at home mom moving to the Stone oak area in June.... I would love to know about some fun mom groups!! Can Y'all send me some info

Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 6,843,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexie1 View Post
I am a stay at home mom moving to the Stone oak area in June.... I would love to know about some fun mom groups!! Can Y'all send me some info
Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup - You can find just about any group on there.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM

10 posts, read 9,504 times
Thanks!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM

450 posts, read 469,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexie1 View Post
I would also recommend www.meetup.com. I am a member of two meetup groups and I have definitely met some great women to hangout with. I am not a stay at home mom but a lot of the ladies that I met we all do live in Stone Oak.

Stone Oak area is great and I can definitely say we have some great places for Happy Hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio