U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I buy the Horizon organic milk for the wicked long expiration dates. We're not big milk drinkers either so it's nice when you can keep milk around for a while. Next time I'm in HEB I'll give this a try.
We buy Horizon too. Tried Mootopia and it was a bit too sweet for us, but nearly everyone else says its really tasty so obviouuuuussslllly we are the weirdos...as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Sometimes I would buy 1% or 2% milk if the skim milk expiration date was too close and my kids would always say it was spoiled because they weren't used to the milk fat. I don't notice any taste difference with this milk and it's almost as great as Dreamfields Pasta, but nothing tops that stuff. It's like the best pasta product most people (expecially non-diabetics) have never heard of. Tastes just like regular white pasta, but only 5 grams of carbs per serving. Everything in the world should be as brilliant as that stuff. Wally world shoppers also won't know what Dreamfield is either because they're the only grocery store here that doesn't sell it. My theory is that walmart doesn't like diabetics or are in cahoots with the endocrinologists to insure they always have jobs..

Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,942,525 times
Yes I was buying Horizon, but did not like it too much. Tasted just like regular Hill County Fair milk (boring).

But this Mootopia stuff....damn...some of the best milk I've ever had.

And even better news...see...below:

MooTopia is also lactose free, and it is substantially creamier and more flavorful than traditional milk, according to H-E-B. The company says taste tests show that MooTopia skim milk is creamier than traditional 2% milk, while MooTopia 2% is creamier than traditional whole milk. Time to give SKIM a try!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Definitely should. Milk fat is almost as bad as the sugar soft drinks as far as calories. That 449 thing will get you every time.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,739 times
Ooohhhh, now I need to try it! Just the longer expiration date will probably make up the price premium...

Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Sometimes I would buy 1% or 2% milk if the skim milk expiration date was too close and my kids would always say it was spoiled because they weren't used to the milk fat. I don't notice any taste difference with this milk and it's almost as great as Dreamfields Pasta, but nothing tops that stuff. It's like the best pasta product most people (expecially non-diabetics) have never heard of. Tastes just like regular white pasta, but only 5 grams of carbs per serving. Everything in the world should be as brilliant as that stuff. Wally world shoppers also won't know what Dreamfield is either because they're the only grocery store here that doesn't sell it. My theory is that walmart doesn't like diabetics or are in cahoots with the endocrinologists to insure they always have jobs..
I only buy Dreamfields. It's one of the only reasons I go to HEB.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM

6,140 posts, read 8,596,618 times
I've tried Horizon and liked it. Switched for almost a month but had a hard time finding it as my HEB had a hard time keeping it in stock. I e-mailed them and asked what the deal was and they said, "there's an organic milk shortage, should i suggest you try Hill Country Fare?" Tried it and wasn't too thrilled.

I love me some lactose, so I haven't tried the mootopia, but won't lie that's what initially lead me over to the organic milk section.

I stopped buying the expensive organic milk though as we are huge milk drinkers and can't spend $12 on 2 gallons of milk a week. That's too much!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,942,525 times
I forgot the price of Mootopia, but I recall it was a little cheaper than organic.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,237,008 times
I buy HEB's lactose free milk for the lack of lactose and the long expiration date. I think Mootopia is a little more expensive or has a closer expiration date (can't remember exactly why I don't buy it). I only bought it when it was on sale or when there was a coupon. I believe Mootopia has less of the unnatural, yucky stuff in comparison to HEB's regular, lactose-free milk.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 PM

574 posts, read 1,160,518 times
I prefer raw milk, now that is some good tasting milk. When I get out to Seguin I pick some up, along with raw butter... good stuff.

Otherwise I'm drinking Horizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or