Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 05:30 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,348 times

Advertisements

New Seafood Restaurant in San Antonio Merges Puerto Vallarta with New Orleans on Perrin Bietel Rd east of Naco Perrin. Chef spent 22 years with Papadeaux.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 05:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
New Seafood Restaurant in San Antonio Merges Puerto Vallarta with New Orleans on Perrin Bietel Rd east of Naco Perrin. Chef spent 22 years with Papadeaux.
That sounds like it should be good. I read the review on Wildfish the other day in the E-N and it was a good one. We definitely need some new seafood places in this town.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:18 PM

734 posts, read 3,014,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovevintage View Post
We went to this Lebanese restaurant yesterday called Aladdin's Eatery on 1604 close to Stone Oak in a strip called La Arcata. It is so flavorful!! The menu has a HUGE selection of healthy and vegetarian choices. I tried the vegetarian sampler. It was delicious! Try the Falaffels...they are amazing. And the great thing is that it is inexpensive. The pitas are between 5 and 6 dollars. Aladdins Eatery

Note: I am not trying to imply that to be healthy you have to be a vegetarian.

I came on here to rave about Aladdin's and saw this post - I thought it was a perfect place to mention it - well someone already did!

Aladdin's was great, and very inexpensive. They are Lebanese, but very similar to Greek. It is very flavorful and just over all a great place. The thing about them that I found great is that even the meals that do have meat, are all lean cuts. It's a very healthy alternative. Their desserts however look to die for! We got the sampler of middle eastern desserts (like Baklava - and some others I can't remember the name of!) and those were great, but their cakes looked awesome!

And to add to the discussion, The Cove is another great place too - just more out of my way. I have to try Green, it sounds wonderful.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 2,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
Hiya, new member. One of my biggest frustrations with San Antonio is the lack of eclectic or fine dining alternatives. All there seems to be is Bill Millers (on every corner), McDonalds' Burger Kings', and other unhealthy chain restaurants. Then there's the endless array of tacerias or some variation thereof....and then we wonder why everyone here is so big.

For every 10 Bill Millers' there's a gym (tucked away in a strip mall).

So does anyone know of any hole in the wall, eclectic eateries that are HEALTHY alternatives at a reasonable price? Thanks.
We are also new in San Antonio, been here 6 months but found : Cool Cafe, close to De Zavala and I-10, great falafel, humus, good food. Carmen de la Calle Cafe, great ambiance, every time we go we have a blast. Painting with a Twist, different. España Bar de Tapas, if you like tapas. Azuca Nuevo Latino in downtown, weekends have great live music, live show and if you are up for it you can dance salsa or learn tango, we just loved it.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:45 PM

9,520 posts, read 16,501,246 times
I may get a no on this, but are there any healthy option type restaurants? Both fast food and sit down family type restaurants. I'm sure Panera Bread must be there, but is there anything else?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I may get a no on this, but are there any healthy option type restaurants? Both fast food and sit down family type restaurants. I'm sure Panera Bread must be there, but is there anything else?
Souper Salad
Jason's Deli
Salata

Old 10-22-2014, 09:27 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Quote:
Try looking in this thread: Eclectic restaurants & healthy eats in SA?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,736,898 times
Yelp shows/rates over 80 "Healthy" Restaurants in San Antonio: Healthy restaurant San Antonio, TX

Old 10-23-2014, 11:05 AM

915 posts, read 1,903,321 times
Quote:
I have not been, but: Earth Burger Veggie Burger Stand! is an option. Same folks as Green.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM

9 posts, read 15,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
I have not been, but: Earth Burger Veggie Burger Stand! is an option. Same folks as Green.
The burgers here are delicious. The spicy chicken is great as well as their barbecue jalapeno burger is even better.

Their crinkle cut fries are also fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio