Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:48 PM

27 posts, read 39,405 times

Advertisements

Im fairly new to texas and im starting to lose hope on a good job and things to do in san antonio. Me and my husband have gone to lots of movies, resturants, river walk, AUSTIN, ect. but what else is their to do here???? Were in our late 20's early 30's so were not club party people. I go on urbanspoon.com alot to look for good resturants and thats helpful because We've have only eatin at 2 good resturants that we would return to.. HELLppppp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,550 times
There are plenty of nice bars to go to.

The NBA playoffs start soon so head out to a bar and watch the Spurs play and have a few beers.

Also, Fiesta is nearing so that will be a week strait of partying and drinking beer.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:07 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Do you have children? If not, the hubby and I are in the same boat!
We don't watch any type of sports or go to Fiesta events or pool or sports bars but we keep ourselves busy with other activities that catch our eye.
We filled our days with doggie related activities and also continuing education (he is studying for a computer certification and I'm taking accounting classes).
Many cool groups on Meetup.com on whatever your interests are. I'm in Amigas in the City and San Antonio Professionals and the Arts plus I have a small dog group on Facebook. The Amigas are always coming up with new and unique events to go out to.
If you can't find it, make it! (That's what I did with a small dog meetup group!)

Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 AM

500 posts, read 968,975 times
Take a day trip to the Hill Country, tour the wineries, head down to Port Aransas.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
The zoo, the many parks, go shopping and eat in Fredericksburg, check out local musicals/plays at San Pedro Playhouse, Josephine St. Theatre. Get the kid's involved in music or dance lessons. Go to the coast for the day, eat some seafood. There are family friendly fiesta events, there are over 100 fiesta events. Get involved in service projects. Volunteer at The Humane Society.

My husband and I enjoy walking done the "new" part of the riverwalk by Pearl. Every Sunday they have a band and various food vendors.

There is stuff out there.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
if you are bored in TX --especially San Antonio--you must not know how to GOOGLE--there is always something to do in SA

and I would think that finding a job would take up lot of your time--

Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 AM

216 posts, read 398,638 times
If you want to hear an awesome singer go to The Cove great place in SA for live music today Stephanie Urbina Jones will be there performing from 12:30 to 1:45 then again from 3:15 to 4:45 or so she has a terrific voice, (google her up) and she's there the first Sunday of every month, no cover, they have an interesting menu too. There is always stuff going on at Gruene Hall as well sometimes good sometimes just something to do on a Sunday

Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,372 times
river tube down the Guadalupe
Hill Country
Lake Travis in Austin
6th St in Austin
Greune Hall
Fredericksburg...wineries
3 hour drive to Port A
5 hour drive to SPI
San Marcos, outlet shopping
6 hour drive to DFW for the weekend
Tons of different places to try on the riverwalk each weekend
Stone Oak area has some nice restaurants and trendy bars
Get a map...tons of rivers/lakes to explore, tube, cook out, camp

I can't imagine being bored here..........

Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM

580 posts, read 1,429,294 times
Go to sacurrent.com and click on the "calendar" day during which you have some free time. Dozens and dozens of events will pop up (especially on weekends), from theater, to live music, to lectures, to nature hikes, to gallery openings, to special film screenings, etc. etc. etc.

There's so much to do in this city. (I always tell people that I only do 10% of what San Antonio has to offer--so why would I want to do only 5% of what Austin has to offer, or .1% of what NYC has to offer!)

Colin Powell just gave a free lecture last week at Trinity, right down my street, and I didn't even know. I caught one free lecture at UTSA last week and missed three or four others. Check it out!

Last edited by JuneOf48; 04-03-2011 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Wrong website

Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
What are your interests and what did you do where you came from, maybe we can make suggestions that are close to what you enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio