U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM

74 posts, read 130,749 times

Advertisements

how many of you got to lifetime and how much do you pay? i want to sign up, but i want to see what the best monthly rate i can get is. They want $70 a month, but im not ready to spend that. Im sure it can be had for cheaper. But i wanted an idea of what some of you may have negotiated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 10:41 PM

201 posts, read 499,221 times
That is actually a good price.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:05 AM

31 posts, read 50,281 times
I paid the same.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 AM

708 posts, read 1,235,488 times
It is def not worth it. at all. rip off. try Triton instead.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,176,023 times
A rip-off? The Braundera YMCA is $60 for one person, and there aren't nearly the same amenities. $70 for one person is just about right, IMHO. If you don't use it, I guess you could see it as a rip-off, but by your own actions, not theirs!

If you're going for cheap but good, I hear Anytime Fitness is great.

We decided to go with Lifetime because it is very family-oriented. With all the classes included, plus childcare for 2 hours a day, the kick-a*s swimming pools, spa, cafe, and free towels...well, it was hard to beat. And frankly, Spectrum was pissing me off with their "sales" technique. Ugh.

Anyway, for a family of 4, it's $149 a month. Considering that babysitting would cost me $10 an hour at home, it's really a deal for me!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 AM

74 posts, read 130,749 times
$149 for a family of 4 is a great deal. Im hoping to get on board for $50 a month, thats what my brother in law pays in houston for lifetime.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 AM

6,140 posts, read 8,596,618 times
If you're looking for just equipment and a place to sweat it out there are other options. If you want classes, a pool and all that extra stuff then Lifetime, Spectrum, the YMCA are the places to go. You have to pay to have all that extra stuff.

Sure, you can run around and do all that on your own but I'd rather pay for the convenience of the gym. I just wish I could afford the Lifetime price! I'd be there all the time.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM

5,633 posts, read 13,942,525 times
I pay $50 for Spectrum

Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM

31 posts, read 50,281 times
Lifetime is more expensive, but it is much nicer than any other place. The conditions inside the facility are absolutely immaculate. I know that you don't necessarily need all that stuff to work out, but for some people it c
reates an environment that makes them want to keep going. I am fine going anywhere, but my wife is a little different. She has a real hard time getting motivated and doesn't like going. Since we moved a little further west of town and don't go to lifetime any more, she has really struggled with going. She always said Lifetime felt like a Country Club and even though she was working out, it almost felt like she was working out on a vacation. Every one has their own thing though and I understand why people wouldn't want to pay the money.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM

188 posts, read 386,559 times
I had a membership at Lifetime at the Rim for a couple years and I was paying $80/month. There was no sign up fee at the time. The rate you're quoted seems pretty reasonable. One small thing is that they subscribe you to their magazine, Experience Life, which is $12 a year, which is thrown into the monthly fee. I cancelled that as I didn't read the mag, even though it's pretty decent. Overall the gym is very nice. IMO, it is the best gym/fitness facility in town, especially if you like to swim. They keep the facility pretty clean, but there is room for improvement particularly in the locker room. I worked out mainly at the Rim location (La Cantera), but occasionally went to the 281/1604 location. That location was a zoo in the evening. Lots of teenage/high school age kids which can get a little annoying at times. The Rim location is better. If I didn't move to Alamo Ranch area I'd still be a member, but the drive's just too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio