U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 AM

925 posts, read 15,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiddasdude19 View Post
Then please move away! Instead of embracing where you live and trying to improve it...you complain about it and that does nothing for you. You make where you live a horrible place.
I may be terribly wrong but I believe he was being facetious with that comment.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 AM

35 posts, read 81,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT205 View Post
I hate this city with the passion!

Hopefully the emotion in that statement alone will make you think.
You like this city...let me guess. You're probably family-oriented and a christian.

Than this city is definitely for you. You're probably a boring person too who never steps outside the box.

....no need to try to defend yourself I got you all figured out

Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 AM

35 posts, read 81,303 times
My last post was directed to ADIDASDUDE19

Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,625,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
The wages are not nearly as low as the people are unskilled. The two are not nearly as related as people make out. Taking a low paying tourism job is not the same as moving from the Bay Area of San Antonio as a software developer and taking a cost-of-living offseting decrease in pay.

If you are working a low paying job somewhere else, it is just as low paying here.
Why ya gotta knock the tourism industry? Tourism is BIG MONEY! Sure there are entry-level low-wage jobs at some of the theme parks, but the same holds true with all fields of work. You have the upper-level high-wage jobs along with the entry-level low-wage jobs. Plus tourism jobs are FUN!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:44 AM

104 posts, read 460,938 times
Default Stay Away?

LOL, cracks me up when people who relocate to an area will jump on the bandwagon and tell newbies to stay away. Good thing no one treated them like that when they moved to a new area.

Odd, the name of the city is San Antonio...I don't see any one particular person's name on all the signs other than San Antonio.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 AM

4,263 posts, read 6,727,258 times
Your original comments invited this.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:02 PM

104 posts, read 460,938 times
Default Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Your original comments invited this.
My original comment/question was to solicit opinions from the residents...if they liked living in S.A, etc. It was not intended to have those who are living in S.A. think they have the right to close the gate and tell others to stay away - that is a very rude attitude.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 PM

417 posts, read 980,813 times
no, i think most respondents just tried a different tactic - reverse psychology. this questions have popped up and answered in this forum gaziliion times - and they have always been answered straight forward like how nice to live here, quality of life, etc...

maybe you didn't get it cuz you were not from here. and i can't blame you because i know you can't tell which negatives mentioned are irony, and which ones are real... im from here and i thought it was funny because i know its the opposite...

i don't thinkg they are serious in closing the gate for you...

Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM

5,682 posts, read 8,319,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whowants2know View Post
My original comment/question was to solicit opinions from the residents...if they liked living in S.A, etc. It was not intended to have those who are living in S.A. think they have the right to close the gate and tell others to stay away - that is a very rude attitude.
Oh OK...if you PROMISE to behave we will let you in...but that is it...FOR SURE!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
San Antonians are on the whole really open and welcoming people, but part of me does want to hang out on the outskirts of town with a sign that says,TOWN FULL NO VACANCIES.

In all seriousness, if you do move here you will be welcomed. My new neighbours were definitely overwhelmed with the attention they received from everyone on the block. We're just friendly like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio