U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 PM

6 posts, read 5,968 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be moving to San Antonio for the summer and I am looking at two places to stay. I was wondering if anyone could give me information on the neighborhoods, such as their safety. One place is located on E Rampart St and the other is on Burnet St. Also, how safe would it be for me to bike from each property to the zoo? Would it require highways or going through unsafe areas? Thanks for the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 AM

11,140 posts, read 20,307,607 times
San Antonio is not a great place to ride a bicycle, especially on busy roads.

Between the two, I'd choose the one on Rampart street because I'd rather live in that area...but I think you should look at some of the apartments on Broadway or Mulberry or that general area. Those would be closer and more manageable.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:02 AM

Yeah, I looked into those, but I can't find one that will sublet to me for a price I can afford. :/

Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera13 View Post
Hello,

I will be moving to San Antonio for the summer and I am looking at two places to stay. I was wondering if anyone could give me information on the neighborhoods, such as their safety. One place is located on E Rampart St and the other is on Burnet St. Also, how safe would it be for me to bike from each property to the zoo? Would it require highways or going through unsafe areas? Thanks for the information!
there are a TON of places renting out by the broadway/hildebrand area. drive along broadway towards downtown, keep an eye out for properties on the left side of the roadway.

rent is pretty cheap out here also. i live in the area im referencing. i pay 575 for 1100 sqft and the neighborhood is super quiet. my retard neighbors have finally quieted down, gotten rid of their 2 mutt pit bulls and dont have people over all the time anymore. guess the threat of eviction does that to you.

if you do move to the area im referencing, please, respect neighbors desire to keep the neighborhoods quiet and free of riffraff.

/please dont dm me asking for leads on houses/apartments for rent here.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 AM

3,471 posts, read 17,208,879 times
For the zoo area, the best place to be would be as Dexter pointed out. The rents are very reasonable and a good area to ride a bike. Most of the apartments are private landlords, not on a web site. You will need to drive around and look for signs or read the local ads in the paper.
The apartments are there. The area is good and getting better.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Are they subletting or looking for full leases though?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
For the zoo area, the best place to be would be as Dexter pointed out. The rents are very reasonable and a good area to ride a bike. Most of the apartments are private landlords, not on a web site. You will need to drive around and look for signs or read the local ads in the paper.
The apartments are there. The area is good and getting better.
yeah, and with the recent development, this neighborhood will only get better as time goes on. mulberry is about to repoen (finally).. but i believe hildebrand is about to close down.

there are a few houses here that are rented out by banks/agencies, but for the most part its private party homes. better for me, since my landlord never comes to bother me, takes care of the yardwork (though i will confess that ive fixed it up a bit and he's quite happy with that, as are my cats) and the neighborhood is just so quiet and full of trees

very affordable for anyone with a job in san antonio.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera13 View Post
Are they subletting or looking for full leases though?
define sublet. as for full leases, im assuming you mean a contract lease?

if by sublet you mean someone already in a lease that wants to rent out the unit so they dont have to pay a fee to break their lease... sadly i wouldnt have any information on that.

if you have bad credit, its not much to worry over. my landlord didnt run my credit or even ask about it. since my wife works for a police department, he really didnt ask much at all to be honest.

YMMV on the ladder, but i really dont see you having an issue renting in this area even with the sh*ttiest of credit.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:11 AM

No, I just need a place to stay for 2 and a half months. Many places I'm finding that let you rent short term are asking 6 months

Old 05-14-2011, 11:24 AM

yeah, i dont think i can help you with that, as i dont know anyone subletting for that amount of time.

some motels offer extended stays, 700ish a month for all bills. looked into that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or