U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you trust the San Antonio Police Department?
Yes, I trust the SAPD 42 38.89%
No, I do not trust the SAPD 66 61.11%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Status: "moving back to SA so I can rightfully post here" (set 2 days ago)

13,631 posts, read 21,810,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Why am I not surprised that less people trust the SAPD?

QA: Because so many people in this city are shady and they know it.
And that's why I'm even sorry I responded. Of course I must be shady. I knew it would happen before the sun went down on this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 06:21 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,017,756 times
No shade here but I don't trust the police no way........or anybody else for that matter.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:24 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,281,978 times
Sapph this isn't anything personal against you! It's about the city as a whole!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Sapph this isn't anything personal against you! It's about the city as a whole!
No, of course it's not about me, per se, but I did respond in the negative, so that sort of includes me in the whole "shady" part. I honestly don't think the gang-bangers, thugs, murderers, and ne'er-do-wells that reside in SA are actually awake on a Sunday afternoon, answering a poll on city-data, though. I really contemplated not responding, and I wish now I'd just passed on it.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,281,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No, of course it's not about me, per se, but I did respond in the negative, so that sort of includes me in the whole "shady" part. I honestly don't think the gang-bangers, thugs, murderers, and ne'er-do-wells that reside in SA are actually awake on a Sunday afternoon, answering a poll on city-data, though. I really contemplated not responding, and I wish now I'd just passed on it.
Well I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling the way you do. Most people who are anti-authoritarian have no good reason except that they have tats on their neck and think they should be able to do whatever they want to do with no consequence.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:45 PM

And some people put on a badge and a uniform and feel the same way. Look, I'm not defending these thugs that live here among us, in any way. I'm simply voicing my opinion that the police could do a better job at policing. When they drive down Culebra Road like a bat out of hell, with a cell phone up to their ear, going absolutely nowhere, yeah, it pisses me off. Hey, get off the phone and enforce the speed limit. Get off the phone and catch a person driving under the influence. Get off the phone and get out of your car and mingle with some of these kids in Emerald Valley that desperately need some guidance!!! No, they are not parents, but a little mutual respect might go a long way.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM

427 posts, read 511,635 times
Nope,..I don't trust,...

Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM

3,307 posts, read 3,174,112 times
Quote:
Well I'm sure you have your reasons for feeling the way you do. Most people who are anti-authoritarian have no good reason except that they have tats on their neck and think they should be able to do whatever they want to do with no consequence.
HillCountryHotRodMan, that's true, some people are that way.

But yet another reason that some good, (proper & appropriate) law-abiding, reasonable people are anti-authoritarian is because....well....the "authority" abuses its power.

That's why. If things are fair and nothing bad ever happens to innocent people at the hands of authorities, then people wouldn't be so "anti-authoritarian". It's very simple.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 PM

875 posts, read 1,037,894 times
I haven't had any involvement with them since I moved here in 2008, so I have no reason to distrust them. I worked with law officers briefly in AZ, and generally found them to be salt-of-the-earth awesome people, so I give anyone wearing the uniform the benefit of the doubt.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

5,730 posts, read 6,345,439 times
Quote:
I said no as well. It's not a reflection on my personality or my lifestyle.

Sure, there are some great cops. There are some who are lazy, too. There are others who are bullies with badges.

If you are downtown overnight, you can watch them blowing through stop lights and speeding all night long. It stopped for a while after that one officer ran over another officer, but started up again soon afterwards.

I remember once when I was working in a gas station...the station a block away (within sight of the one I worked at) was robbed at gunpoint. We heard the call on the radio...me and the four officers who were hanging out in the store because we gave them free lottery tickets, cigarettes, etc. Nobody quit scratching their scratch-offs to respond. In fact, I think they were waiting a while to make sure the robber was gone.

I have called SAPD for assistance before and have been helped by a polite officer...once or twice. What sticks in my mind though are the times when I've needed assistance and instead I got a lecture by cops who instantly assumed that since I was the younger of the two parties involved, I must be the instigator.

When my identity was stolen, I made phone calls until I located the people who had done it. I had descriptions, license plate numbers, I had store security footage sent to me, etc...and I couldn't get a SAPD investigator to call me back, ever. I started calling the county sheriffs in all the little towns the people were using the forged checks, and finally found one who decided to go after them. I gave him all the names and numbers of people I'd talked to who could describe them, told him which stores had the footage, and he actually went out and got the bad guys and they went to jail. It would have been nice if SAPD had gotten off their rump roasts and taken the information I had though, and stopped it all sooner.

Now, the Bexar county deputies are a different story...I don't think there are any good ones. I've never met one without an attitude. They never even pretend to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio