Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,416 times

Advertisements

eletric fence

Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFL3 View Post
Try talking again. Be polite and courteous.
eh, im beyond that. they have pits and other mutts i dont like. i tried to be nice when they moved in. once their mutts started harassing the local stray cats in MY backyard, any sense of politeness they could have hoped to get from me went out the door.

when their mutts started chasing the cats, i took the time to educate their ignorance on sa's leash laws and how ACS and the pound will pick up their mutts if they arent leashed.

fattie didnt seem too concerned with it, said sorry and it wont happen again. LOL yeah right.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFL3 View Post
You're beyond being civil, respectful and humane?

Did you call him(your neighbor) fattie just now? So now you are resorting to personal attacks and hurtful name calling?

Come on now. Think with a clear mind and open heart.

to their face? yes. ive been nothing but civil. behind their backs? i dont gossip. these are my personal feelings and i do not share them with others, especially when crap like this happens.

i do get your point though

Old 05-20-2011, 07:03 PM

431 posts, read 765,957 times
rat poison in the dog bowl problem solved

*i jest*

Old 05-21-2011, 10:08 PM

slight update.

shar pei mix that was starting to act aggressive was finally picked up by animal control today. pretty sure theyre going to put it down, if the animal control officer was being factual.

one mutt down, 4 to go. the animal control officer said to keep calling everytime they let their mutts out without a leash, and if its not too busy, theyll get over there and take em to the pound.

im optimistic that in a month or so, ill finally get a good nights rest, uninterrupted by dogs barking all night

eddie, the wife suggested chocolate but then said 'dont do that thats terrible, idk why i even said that'

she hated em as much as i do <3

Old 05-21-2011, 10:27 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Go over in their yard, drop your drawers and poop in the grass.

(Me, Myself, and Irene )

Old 05-21-2011, 10:30 PM

you know, if i got loaded enough, i just might do that

Old 05-22-2011, 06:16 AM

778 posts, read 2,503,572 times
Take photos of the dogs crapping int the yard (I know, sounds a little gross and perverted) but take note of the general schedule of events, especially since you seem to be watching the front yard. With this info in hand, you can then provide the ACS folks an easy kill (sorry, bad pun). The ACS folks are clearly undermanned. When you call about a stray dog, they know that the chances are, the animal will be long gone by the time they can send someone over there, so they probably won't respond. But if they know that generally, the abused shar-pei runs loose and craps in your yard at a general time frame and you have the photo evidence showing the exact dog doing it, they can schedule someone to be there and take action.

The bad news is, dogs crapping in yards is to ACS as taggers are to police. Yea, they'd like to put an end to it, but vicious dog attacks and domestic violence usually keep them too busy to respond. The more you as the victim can do to help them out, the better chance of getting your problem solved.

(sling shots work, too.)

Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
I know dogs hate nothing more than a blast of water in the face. But, you might just put a little sign in the front saying something like "Video Cameras in use. My yard is not your dog's toilet". If that doesn't work, then just water your lawn about the time this happens in your wife beater shirt with a shoulder holster packing a .45 Colt.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
I know dogs hate nothing more than a blast of water in the face. But, you might just put a little sign in the front saying something like "Video Cameras in use. My yard is not your dog's toilet". If that doesn't work, then just water your lawn about the time this happens in your wife beater shirt with a shoulder holster packing a .45 Colt.
well, as i stated earlier, the shar pei mix was picked up. about 2 hours before animal control arrived and picked it up, i had blasted it with my hose twice, and it didnt seem to want to come near the back yard after that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio