U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:21 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times

Advertisements

Lawsuit filed. Seems like a completely different story now.
Ashley Furniture sued over employee's killing - San Antonio Express-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Lawsuit filed. Seems like a completely different story now.
Ashley Furniture sued over employee's killing - San Antonio Express-News
if the article is factual, ashley furniture is going to have to pay them buku bucks over that, esp if they claim to do background checks on all applicants.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:46 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
If it is true at all, the guy should have been fired instead of moved around. But he probably would have killed whoever fired him.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:51 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,183,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If it is true at all, the guy should have been fired instead of moved around. But he probably would have killed whoever fired him.
if true, he should have never been hired in the first place. the last place you want someone with anger management issues, especially someone who likes to beat up women, is in a retail environment surrounded by customers...

bad business IMO. hope ashley pays out the wazoo to her family.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 AM

5,621 posts, read 6,404,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
if true, he should have never been hired in the first place. the last place you want someone with anger management issues, especially someone who likes to beat up women, is in a retail environment surrounded by customers...

bad business IMO. hope ashley pays out the wazoo to her family.
Not to change the subject but a poorly run business like that deserves to go out. Not only for the improper management leading to the death of an employee but simply because their furniture is horrible.

I hope the lawsuit awards enough money to the family to put them out of business.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM

6,256 posts, read 8,985,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I hope the lawsuit awards enough money to the family to put them out of business.
Great - just what their employees need!

I hope they lose enough to get them to realize they gotta do business the RIGHT way - but not so much that the other innocent folks (their employees) lose their jobs.

Note that I say that having been in their place ONE time, realized that the quality of their product wasn't what we were looking for, and left. For others, it may do fine. Either way - I don't wish ill on someone just because I don't like their product quality/pricing.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Great - just what their employees need!

I hope they lose enough to get them to realize they gotta do business the RIGHT way - but not so much that the other innocent folks (their employees) lose their jobs.

Note that I say that having been in their place ONE time, realized that the quality of their product wasn't what we were looking for, and left. For others, it may do fine. Either way - I don't wish ill on someone just because I don't like their product quality/pricing.
I knew someone would post negative feedback to my post. To suggest that I feel that their employees need to be out of a job means you are just putting words into my post that do not belong there.

Their employees are better off working elsewhere if working conditions there lead to the death of an employee. They can't even protect their own employees.

Carry on.

Last edited by Azure110; 09-02-2011 at 09:18 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 02:44 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Honestly, the lawsuit should be against the manager who "lent a gun to Martinez, who said he wanted to test it out before purchasing one of his own, according to an arrest warrant affidavit"...

Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM

6,256 posts, read 8,985,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I knew someone would post negative feedback to my post. To suggest that I feel that their employees need to be out of a job means you are just putting words into my post that do not belong there.
"Suggest"??

No, sir - I quoted and responded to your exact words. Nothing more.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
"Suggest"??

No, sir - I quoted and responded to your exact words. Nothing more.
Keep trying to make it look like that all I wanted was for the employees to lose their jobs. Yep, that is exactly what I wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio