Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM

291 posts, read 605,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Where at the lake did you go? We love Medina.
Not sure the exact name of the place. It was off of 37, a friend of mine owns some property out there. I didnt have a boat, but I would love to explore some more. I usually go to lake Amistad near Del Rio, which is an awesome lake. Wheres the best place in your opinion on Medina for bbq's and fishing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,886,607 times
We go camping at Lake Medina RV Resort but there's not mcuh water there right now. You can use the county park for day use like launching boats or jet ski's. Can also BBQ, swim and just hang out.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,328,495 times
hey camper -- or anyone else -- have you been to Pedernales Falls Park by chance?? Is it worth the trip??? Kiddo really wants to go camping and it looked really nice on the web.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
hey camper -- or anyone else -- have you been to Pedernales Falls Park by chance?? Is it worth the trip??? Kiddo really wants to go camping and it looked really nice on the web.
Why, yes I have. That and McKinney falls are good. In fact we love all the state parks.

How old is your kiddo? How do you camp? Tent, camper... Guadalupe S.P. is great, as is Blanco S.P... if you go, get a park pass . It gives you unlimited entrance into the parks and is well worth it. You still have to pay the overnight charge but not the per person entrance fees.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,328,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Why, yes I have. That and McKinney falls are good. In fact we love all the state parks.

How old is your kiddo? How do you camp? Tent, camper... Guadalupe S.P. is great, as is Blanco S.P... if you go, get a park pass . It gives you unlimited entrance into the parks and is well worth it. You still have to pay the overnight charge but not the per person entrance fees.
second grade and a younger sibling. She's never been overnight camping before, but just wants to go soooo badly. She got a fishing pole for her b-day and is anxious to try that out as well. Looking for a safe, pro young-family camping spot where we can (pretend) fish, but where we can also swim. Need a nice beach area. Thought Blanco SP also looked nice and I heard that has a better swim area ??

We have a tent -- used to camp when I was little, so sortof know what to expect. Just don't know how the kiddos will do out in the woods at night. And if a cockroach or scorpion comes within 20 feet of me, we're packing up and going home Bears -- no problem. Bugs -- major problem.

can I use the same park pass at all the state parks??

Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM

418 posts, read 781,071 times
I've done plenty of camping up in northern Canada, but tent camping in Texas downright scares me... what with the scorpions, fire ants, snakes and other critters.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
second grade and a younger sibling. She's never been overnight camping before, but just wants to go soooo badly. She got a fishing pole for her b-day and is anxious to try that out as well. Looking for a safe, pro young-family camping spot where we can (pretend) fish, but where we can also swim. Need a nice beach area. Thought Blanco SP also looked nice and I heard that has a better swim area ??

We have a tent -- used to camp when I was little, so sortof know what to expect. Just don't know how the kiddos will do out in the woods at night. And if a cockroach or scorpion comes within 20 feet of me, we're packing up and going home Bears -- no problem. Bugs -- major problem.

can I use the same park pass at all the state parks??
Yes, the pass gets you into all the parks for 12 months.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,687 times
Does anyone know what the current lake water level is at Medina? Is it still low?
has it risen? has the area getting plenty of rain?...Is that region of Tx still being affected by the drought?....Anyone have any current pictures of the Lake.....any all all info is appreciated?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,331,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMenefees View Post
Does anyone know what the current lake water level is at Medina? Is it still low?
has it risen? has the area getting plenty of rain?...Is that region of Tx still being affected by the drought?....Anyone have any current pictures of the Lake.....any all all info is appreciated?

Lake level is SUPER LOW!!!! I spent this past weekend out there and I've never seen it this low. I heard it's about 55 feet low and locating a useable boat launch right now is tough. The recent rains earlier in the year really hasn't helped at all. It's sad to look at but we all know it will be back. It's definately a good time to buy property out there right now. Prices have dropped right along with the lake level

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,440,720 times
is there any good fishing out there. i just want to catch anything for the kids. even those crappies. as long as i dont just catch 5-6. i release them anyway but i want for than 5-6. i cannot seem to find a place to fish for fun. I tried millers pond: nothing. I tried lions pond: 1-2 fishies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio