Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,609,039 times

Advertisements

so now, a few of the pitts and other strays have been picked up, there is still a problem. about 45 minutes ago, a small gray/white dog that the neighbors have been taking care of starts crying something fierce. this persists for a good 15-20 seconds. i went outside to check the situation out, only to discover that the small gray/white dog is now limping and refusing to use its left rear leg.

for the record, there are 2 pits in the back yard now, one chained and one that 'got loose'

retard neighbors finally come out, try and start crap with me as im watering my lawn. they go on and on about how they help local mutts find a home, blah blah blah. i rudely inform them to let the professionals handle the issue, as rescuing dogs can turn into hoarding them (example being they have 6 mutts on property now)

they really didnt seem to like that, asked me 'well what are we supposed to do?'. i responded with 'take the dog to the vet and stop pawning off your rescue injuries on the city (they want to call 311 to take the dog now that its injured. however, i had already called 311 and told them that it is THEIR dog and if they try to claim it as a stray, they are lying and i would sign paperwork attesting to such).

thankfully, the house owner showed up to do maintenance and i got to have a chitchat with him, politely asked him to NOT renew their lease, as they are doing nothing but bringing stray after stray onto the property and turning it into a pig sty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,949,967 times
IIRC, they would need a kennel permit for 6 dogs. Check with code enforcement.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM

19 posts, read 27,044 times
My new HOA has a limit of 4 pets. Definitely agree with Bo, check with code enforcement.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM

will do. the wife seemed upset when i told her that the small gray dog had its leg ingured. since she went to vet tech school, she said theres a good chance itll be put down cuz injuries like that cost $$$$$ and the neighbors arent willing to spend that kind of money.

i say that because when they tried to pick a fight with me, they immediately mentioned calling animal control and having the dog picked up.

funny how things change and youre suddenly not interested in rescuing dogs when theres a big financial cost involved. pretty telling about what kind of people they are.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM

update.

its now over 24 hours later since the gray/white dog was attacked by the neighbors 2 pit bulls. i just saw her take the gray/white dog inside and its leg is still dangling!

what alerted me to look out the window was she picked up the dog to take it inside and it was whining and squirming a lot.

i called 311 again and they said theyd send out a cruelty investigator. the pit bulls she has are still unchained and laying around in the back yard. the bigger one started to growl a little when i was bringin my trash cans in. i have a big shovel with me and can deal with it, but WTFH man these are the neighbors from farkin hell!

-edit-

checked with code enforcement. a house is limited to *8* farking dogs!! 8 dogs in a 2 bedroom house? how is that in any way sanitary or good for your health??

Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,012,205 times
Animal Limits.
A maximum number of eight (8) cats or five (5) dogs or an aggregate number of eight (8) may be permitted at a residence within the City limits. ) The total number of domestic fowl and livestock allowed at a residence is five (5) which may include: up to three (3) domestic fowl; and up to two (2) animals from the following classes of livestock-equines,bovines,sheep,goats and llamas.

WTF and where in the hellllll do we live again? I thought this was America, not the dirt poor hell hole to the south.

Raising animals like fowl, bovine, sheep etc.... that's for out in the country.

Dang!

Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Animal Limits.
A maximum number of eight (8) cats or five (5) dogs or an aggregate number of eight (8) may be permitted at a residence within the City limits. ) The total number of domestic fowl and livestock allowed at a residence is five (5) which may include: up to three (3) domestic fowl; and up to two (2) animals from the following classes of livestock-equines,bovines,sheep,goats and llamas.

WTF and where in the hellllll do we live again? I thought this was America, not the dirt poor hell hole to the south.

Raising animals like fowl, bovine, sheep etc.... that's for out in the country.

Dang!
we used to have 2 BIG golden roosters roaming in my backyard and both neighbors to my left and right. they vanished about 4 months after we moved in

they were neat birds.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
they were neat birds.
And I bet they were good!

Old 06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
And I bet they were good!
thats not nice

i hope the city picked them up and someone didnt eat em. they were kinda old, and my understanding is that the older the bird is, the more tough its meat is.

idk if thats true or not.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Nice, no. Funny, yes.

I think that is correct, the older the bird the tougher the meat.

Might as well give up on what the neighbors are doing, it's hopeless as I have learned. Long as they leave me alone, I don't care. I don't share the same culture, apparently.

As I say to my beloved other half, "We're only responsible for the way we treat our pets. We can't save an entire city of neglected and abused animals."

I came about within 1/2 of a hair of getting arrested for strangling one of my neighbors for being stupid after she pelted me with dog crap in front of a police officer. (I wanted to, then had a moment of reason before I did it. In another time and another place, I would have) It's not worth going away for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio