U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-06-2011, 05:40 PM

13,803 posts, read 17,209,621 times
Well, good thing they didn't go off my suspicion...

This guy is an idiot and that's a good thing. Only problem now is that he'll be prosecuted by the same people that can't even make DUI charges stick.. (and being a good typical SA resident he of course already had one of those charges in his history). Hopefully they don't ********** one up and this guy gets what he deserves sooner rather than later.
BTW, how hard is it to tell if an M&P15 is an auto or semi-auto. It's SA and my son has one of them. Only way it could be auto would be if he modified it, but it's still easy to tell. Squeeze the trigger once; if one round goes off, it's SA, if there's a burst, he modified it. Duh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM

13,489 posts, read 19,857,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoCpl View Post
Gonzales was drunk and had taken anti-depressants at the time of the slaying, Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz said.
His defense attorneys are going to run with this. What a pathetic piece of trash this guy is. Sounds like he just did it, just for kicks. Thank God he stopped at one, at least.

Unread 06-06-2011, 06:50 PM

2,442 posts, read 1,821,920 times
100 round magazine for his "semi-auto"? Riiiiiight.

Who the heck needs a round packed with that many bullets or even capable of that?

I am sure the gun loving crowd will chime in with an excuse why we need guns like this legalized. For deer hunting? Pfft. Target practice? Nice try.

Point is, the cop had no chance to defend himself against a weapon of this type.

I feel so bad for the cop and his family. What a scumbag.

Unread 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM

13,803 posts, read 17,209,621 times
Those rifles come standard with 30 round magazines, which is also more than enough to work its magic. Once again, the size of the gun's magazine has never killed anyone. Irresponsible, drunk, and high losers like this fool are what does them in every time. So let's concentrate on eliminating all the POSs like this asshat and leave the size of the magazine out of it. We can start by classifying a DUI as a gateway offense to capital murder. How's that sound? It's obviously a million times more relevant and has at least some basis in facts.

Last edited by Bo; 06-06-2011 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Don't veil profanity. Let the banned-word filter do its job.

Unread 06-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Status: "I finally ordered internet service. I have missed y'all." (set 4 days ago)

1,441 posts, read 1,058,190 times
I'm experiencing personal issues at this time, but I cried for Officer Vann and his family when I learned they caught his killer.

Unread 06-07-2011, 02:14 AM

3,039 posts, read 2,460,385 times
Wow. This killer is such a moron. He called his friend and said "I killed a cop?" Wow. Pathetic.

He totally had a chance to get away with it and he blew it. Oh, well. Hooray for Darwinism.

Unread 06-07-2011, 05:59 AM

3,855 posts, read 2,215,243 times
My condolences to the family and freinds of Officer Vann.

I was goiong to complain about the S.A. media's coverage of this tragedy...buy why, they will all be on the job tomorrow.

Unread 06-07-2011, 06:08 AM

5,531 posts, read 8,520,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

He totally had a chance to get away with it and he blew it. Oh, well. Hooray for Darwinism.
No, he would get caught eventually. Everyone does. Plus, people talk. That's why I don't believe in conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio