U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 06:18 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
There are worse. I believe persons whose lives have been affected
by DWI might understand.
Might understand what, exactly? Your definition of "ghetto"? How to paint a house when inebriated? The living conditions in Detroit? Um, OK.

It's totally strayed from the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,514 times
Majority of my posts are examples of how you can drink alcohol as a responsible adult and not go out drinking and driving and kill innocent people. Also, how you can go out and get wasted at a bar as long as you have a plan beforehand on how to get home or a place to stay which I do every time. Where ghettos and Detroit came into play is beyond me? Here is a question; How many alcohol related accidents will we have this weekend? I am going to go with six. I am not making light of the subject, but it just shows people are not responsible for their actions.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:44 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
Ghettos and Detroit came from people with no leg to stand on. You know the classic: well, then, hey, look at that rabbit over there..

and I'll take a million drunks in their houses over one on the road and one that is trying to make their house look better is a triple score
hell, I'll supply as much beer as needed if they want to keep on painting over at my place...

Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
It is just annoying when one of us gets reported as off-topic and then a whole thread like this meanders all over the place.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:59 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,582,514 times
How would you know if you are reported as being off-topic? Just curious and wondering if I have ever been reported??? And rd outside looks good, now to tackle the inside. Ceilings are not fun and my arms feel like they're going to fall off! Couple beers should loosen em up

Old 06-30-2011, 05:36 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Since this was so much fun, I thought I'd post an update...

Bar Employees Could Face Charges In Officer's Death - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/28412863/detail.html - broken link)

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -- Three bar employees could face criminal charges for serving alcohol to the wrong-way driver who hit and killed Officer Stephanie Brown.

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission believes the employees from the Flying Saucer and Oak Hill Tavern should be held responsible for serving drinks to Christopher Baldaramos, who also died in the crash.

If charged and convicted, the employees could face a fine of up to $500 and up to a year in jail.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,408,798 times
Default Fair enough penalty,

For not cutting off an overintoxicated person at a Tavern. One year in jail.
This just might limit the hiring of dimwitted bartenders and in some way hopefully, may assuage the grief of the fallen officer's family.
This is one hell of a thing to be answerable for........
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Since this was so much fun, I thought I'd post an update...

Bar Employees Could Face Charges In Officer's Death - San Antonio & Texas News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/28412863/detail.html - broken link)

Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 PM

15,121 posts, read 13,355,292 times
I think it is wrong to hold the bars/bartenders responsible.

Many people can be highly intoxicated and not appear "sloppy drunk"....especially to a complete stanger, who is not familiar with that persons normal mannerisms when sober, to compare to their mannerisms when intoxicated.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,408,798 times
Default All True,

But, for the sloppy drunk , keep track of behaviors. And don't serve
too much to anyone.
It is akin to giving chidren too much leeway. Someone has to be
responsible and have the judgement of when enough is enough, and it won't be the intoxicated person. Turning these intoxicated people loose onto the street for a profit needs to have some ramifications.
If the drunks left on horseback, at least the horse might find it's way home safely. Drunks don't even have horse sense.
I jest but this is not a laughing matter and though drunk driving jokes may seem innocuous, drunk driving is not. It is crazy, stupid.
Anyone of us can become a victim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think it is wrong to hold the bars/bartenders responsible.

Many people can be highly intoxicated and not appear "sloppy drunk"....especially to a complete stanger, who is not familiar with that persons normal mannerisms when sober, to compare to their mannerisms when intoxicated.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 PM

15,121 posts, read 13,355,292 times
Have you ever been in a bar/nightclub that is totally crowded, with 3 or 4 bartenders and perhaps hostesses, frantically serving drinks because they can barely fill the orders as fast as they come in?

Every place that serves alcohol isn't like "Cheers", where there are never more than a dozen patrons at a time and everyone "knows my name".

How could any server be expected to keep track of how much any one of those patrons drinks throughout the evening........being served by several different bartenders?

And lets not forget the barhoppers, that go from bar to bar only having a couple of drinks at each one.

It is just not fair to hold bartenders responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio